TPMS Display question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, I was told the low/nominal bit from the tech at my dealer. Is it available on the ODBII? If so what's the PID(s)?

it is, that's how the kenwood deck pulls it. i'm probably getting that deck in the near future, just need to make sure front/rear cams will still work like OEM after I do the work.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is, that's how the kenwood deck pulls it. i'm probably getting that deck in the near future, just need to make sure front/rear cams will still work like OEM after I do the work.

Get the Kenwood DNX890HD or better. I think there are a few models above it but I have the 890 and it's great. PANDORA integration is fantastic. Tire pressures, battery voltage and check engine light status (with codes) show on a single screen. Then there's a guage screen you can customize with all sorts of data. I have an aftermarket rear cam that integrates nicely but not sure about factory integration. I think it has more than one camera input.

Also, for the bezel get the Scosche one from Amazon listed for 2009 F150 and send it out to Mark Wu at Wu! Wraps for some custom vinyl. He's all over various forums if you Google him. I did white carbon fiber to match white Screw.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the Kenwood DNX890HD or better. I think there are a few models above it but I have the 890 and it's great. PANDORA integration is fantastic. Tire pressures, battery voltage and check engine light status (with codes) show on a single screen. Then there's a guage screen you can customize with all sorts of data. I have an aftermarket rear cam that integrates nicely but not sure about factory integration. I think it has more than one camera input.

Also, for the bezel get the Scosche one from Amazon listed for 2009 F150 and send it out to Mark Wu at Wu! Wraps for some custom vinyl. He's all over various forums if you Google him. I did white carbon fiber to match white Screw.

I have the single DIN in my Ferrari with Pandora, but it's only via direct connection, not Bluetooth, does the 890 support A2DP Bluetooth so I don't have to hardwire my phone to my car?

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the single DIN in my Ferrari with Pandora, but it's only via direct connection, not Bluetooth, does the 890 support A2DP Bluetooth so I don't have to hardwire my phone to my car?

Yes it supports A2DP but you have to be on Android. Apple requires a cable. This is actually one of the reasons I got away from Apple and all their proprietary crap. Ditched iPhone for S4 and Ipad for Nexus and couldn't be happier but that's another story.

Anyway, when I start the Pandora app from the Kenwood deck it automatically starts the Pandora app on my S4 via bluetooth even if it is in sleep. There's a quirky setting in the Kenwood Maestro F150 settings where you have to set OEM bluetooth to OFF for it to work. Not even sure what that setting means. Then on the S4 you have to have it paired to the SYNC system for audio and Kenwood for media for everything to play nice. Calls come through factory SYNC system and will interrupt anything going on audio wise on the Kenwood and display caller ID etc there. Pretty slick.

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, if anyone figures out how to allow for my TPMS on a 14' Raptor to show without calling NASA and integrating a million things please let me know. ;-)

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sucks doesn't it. I went from a 2008 Jeep SRT8 to this 2012 Raptor and felt like I took a step back in technology in some areas. No reason Ford shouldn't have this. :Jedi:

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Been in the entire SRT8 line since 2008... so not exactly new.

GM had individual tire pressure readouts in the 2000 Corvette. And, it was accessible on the heads up display.