TPMS warning fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you getting the TPMS Fault message on the display, there was a TSB that recently dropped for it, TSB 23-2218 (download here from NHTSA). Now I would rather pick up an addict from Kensington Ave and let them take my truck for a week than my dealer, so I figured I'd do it myself. All you need is a ferrite bead (Amazon) and about 20 minutes of your time.

All you have to do is pull the headliner in the passenger side back corner and clip the bead onto the wire harness going into the radio transceiver module. It fits on there pretty snugly so I didn't bother wrapping it up in harness tape as the TSB directs, and unless I hear the thing rattling around, I'm not going to bother.

So far the warning hasn't come back, but only time will tell if this is a good fix.

Attachments

• IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0371.PNG
    IMG_0371.PNG
    307.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you !!!!!! there’s a previous thread where RFID blocking fabric was used, but that didn’t work for me. This shit started the day I brought my ‘23 home on December 29th. I got the ferrite bead a few days ago - not wanting to go back to the dealer for the 5th time, your pics and directions are appreciated!

OP
OP
DougDimmadome

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my error started coming back today, and just like before when I turn off the inverter the fault goes away. Not sure what changed but I’ll be digging into it this weekend probably

Edit it was my vhf radio harness.

Last edited:

Highwayman

Reaction score
Im having this issue with my 2 day old Gen 3 with the pro power package... It had no issues driving 70 miles back from the dealer Tuesday. Today the usual symptoms 15 minutes dropped L/F sensor coming into work. Not too happy. Some have said switching off inverter and usually the sensor comes back. Can anyone advise how to switch off the inverter? Is it through the menus or physical switch?

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go into settings on your touchscreen and go to features. Turn it off for a minute and it will clear within a minute.

But you NEED to go to the dealer for the fix - I listed the TSB somewhere in this thread.

Highwayman

Reaction score
Go into settings on your touchscreen and go to features. Turn it off for a minute and it will clear within a minute.

But you NEED to go to the dealer for the fix - I listed the TSB somewhere in this thread.

Thanks. I figured it out before leaving work, but thank you for the reply. It didn't flip on going home from work, so I didn't test it.

So did the bead repair the issue? I'm confused as the latest update here appeared to not have fixed the issue. I'm a former tech and absolutely hate other people working on my stuff, especially half rate warranty techs... So I'd rather just buy the parts on my own and do it myself.

OP
OP
DougDimmadome

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score

you dont NEED to. I did the work myself in about an hour. Hasn't come back since I fixed the radio situation.

OP
OP
DougDimmadome

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I figured it out before leaving work, but thank you for the reply. It didn't flip on going home from work, so I didn't test it.

So did the bead repair the issue? I'm confused as the latest update here appeared to not have fixed the issue. I'm a former tech and absolutely hate other people working on my stuff, especially half rate warranty techs... So I'd rather just buy the parts on my own and do it myself.
yes the bead fixed it.