TPMS Display question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's in body control module in the tire pressure pids.

I know in 2011 they made some physical and programming changes with the tpms and body control module, with integration of the the remote start add on. I know the 10s gave analog data, and I'm pretty sure I remember looking at an 2011 and seeing the same analog data.

Last edited:

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's in body control module in the tire pressure pids.

I know in 2011 they made some physical and programming changes with the tpms and body control module, with integration of the the remote start add on. I know the 10s gave analog data, and I'm pretty sure I remember looking at an 2011 and seeing the same analog data.

I've had a heck of a time finding it on my '13, which is why I asked my dealer tech (and apparently was given bad information just to shut me up). I even paid extra for the extended Ford Pids for DashCommand and it's still not finding them. I think maybe they're on the bus but they're on one of the proprietary pids and require the ford $$$$ software.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had a heck of a time finding it on my '13, which is why I asked my dealer tech (and apparently was given bad information just to shut me up). I even paid extra for the extended Ford Pids for DashCommand and it's still not finding them. I think maybe they're on the bus but they're on one of the proprietary pids and require the ford $$$$ software.

Yeah they won't be bundled with the general obdII data pids because its not gov/emissions testing related... (Although in reality it really is and that's the ONLY reason tpms was a mandate after 07 or whatever year it was, not because of safety or explorer roll overs). It is on the obdII bus and should be found in the body control module pids. In 2010 the tpms sensor mhz signal was sent directly to the body control module/gem. Later it was sent to a specific tpms module which then bus'd it to the body control module. The new "tpms" module is also where the remote start stuff is plugged into (and I'm assuming where the RKE MHz signal is also sent).

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are actually two types of TPMS sensors on the market. Ford opted for the lower price much simpler system. That is good news and bad news. I had the GM system on my vette back in 2004. That thing drove me crazy. If you want to drag race the damn thing alarms constantly once you lower the pressure over seven pounds either way. I expect folks that want to crawl over rocks would experience the exact same thing. Now they are good for a slow leak but they also go bad after about two years and you must replace them. And they are considerably more expensive than the simple ones Ford uses. I know Honda was having a real problem with theirs as well. This is one of those "be careful what you ask for" type of things. Now the aftermarket options usually don't come with an alarm. That again is good and bad.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish my first post was more exciting but this is all I have so far....

Just got a 14' Raptor and does anyone here know if there is a display screen I can navigate to so that I know my real time tire pressures?

I could not find one and I would be shocked that an almost $60k vehicle that has optional beed lock wheels and requires varied tire pressures would not allow you to read the pressures at any time inside the truck....

Was a little surprised no on board air compressor too...

Yeah, sucks doesn't it. I went from a 2008 Jeep SRT8 to this 2012 Raptor and felt like I took a step back in technology in some areas. No reason Ford shouldn't have this. :Jedi:

---------- Post added at 07:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

Honestly extremely few vehicles have real time tire pressure readouts, only vehicles I've seen with it are newer mercedes-benz, and do you really want the manufacturer to provide you with the lowest bidder on-board air compressor? There's an outlet in the back so you can choose your own electric air compressor and just plug it in when you need it

Been in the entire SRT8 line since 2008... so not exactly new.

OP
OP
B

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, after having the truck now for a few weeks this is really turning into one of those true nightmares b/c I was USED to it on my Denali and now don't have it....

I have a vacation house up in northern NH and the temps Fri into Sat were literally -17 and guess what...my tires lost about 5 PSI per tire, but my brain dead Raptor display could only light up the tire pressure low light....so I had to venture out into -17 weather, tell my Golden "it's ok, daddy will be right back," visually inspect b/c God only knows if they were just low b/c of the temps or if there was a legit problem....and then fire up the compressor and take readings and all that...10+ mins later...done.

If Ford is TOO CHEAP to allow us to see what GM, and apparently Dodge, and Nissan have been doing since way back in the late 2000s....they could at least let us set the thresehold for when the stupid warning light comes on so we know it's a legit TP issue vs. 5 friggen lbs low b/c of cold temps.....

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly extremely few vehicles have real time tire pressure readouts, only vehicles I've seen with it are newer mercedes-benz, and do you really want the manufacturer to provide you with the lowest bidder on-board air compressor? There's an outlet in the back so you can choose your own electric air compressor and just plug it in when you need it

regarding the outlet do you mean that you are plugging a compressor into the 110v outlet inside the cab on the console.i use a small vair running off the battery.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, with after market stuff you can access all kinds of info. These pics are from a 2011 F-150 with a Kenwood DNN990hd Head unit:

I looked into this thing a little bit. It's the iDataLink Maestro that is doing the work of integrating with the vehicle for the TPMS etc, then that passes it along the the kenwood head unit. The Maestro doesn't work with MFT, so that rules out anything 2012+ with MFT. It is promising though that SOMETHING is able to get this data though, but again, as Pirate Air said, it changed after 2011 and I haven't been able to find it short of having access to legit ford diagnostic toys.