Toyo Open Country MT made in China or U.S.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone that has Toyo MT's would know that they are made in USA. It's stamped right on the sidewall. Made In USA.

Sure, but as another member stated he has one tire that's marked china and the other Japan the remaining two USA. When I was at the ford dealership they had new cars with Toyo tires from China.
I hope all the ones sold in the USA are now all made in the USA.

Last edited:

rubberdust

Reaction score
All tires will show the country they are made in, pretty simple just tell the people at the tire shop that you'll only take them if they are made in the US

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its funny how this shit works......
U.S. companies outsource their product to save on costs. and in doing so, are making those countries rich while making this country poor to the point of us not buying their product. i just dont get how shipping all the parts to another country to have them put together and shipped back here to be sold. i dont mind if a country makes a product and wants to sell to the world, but damn keep the manufacturing process in the country of origin
next we will be shipping chickens to china so they can lay their eggs there and then shipping the eggs back to be sold in the U.S.

about the tires though, i think Toyo is a japanese company, so if made in japan or U.S i think its good. however, made in china/taiwan, i would be careful, just because of the fact those countries cut corners

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a funny thread---tires are made all over the world. To restrict yourself to
US made product is nice but you are going to rule out quite a bit of the product you may want. Michelin still makes some tires in France and ships them here. The F22 for many years flew with MLG tires from France lol.

If you knew how many parts on your truck were from China produced componet parts you would have a fit!

Banned
Reaction score
This is a funny thread---tires are made all over the world. To restrict yourself to
US made product is nice but you are going to rule out quite a bit of the product you may want. Michelin still makes some tires in France and ships them here. The F22 for many years flew with MLG tires from France lol.

If you knew how many parts on your truck were from China produced componet parts you would have a fit!

X2

I don't care where it's made, if it's made well. There's good shit made all over, and there's bad shit made all over.

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Not so funny when you cross the boarder with shit from China or Japan and you get screwed Royally from the boarder patrol.
Good Year and Michelin are now having tires made in China so you have to be careful with them too.:mad:

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

My tires were made in Taiwan.

:upyours:Made in Taiwan, that's F***ed up! What kind of S**t tires are those?:laughing1:

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Hahahahhahahahhhhhha you get robed at the Canadian border if you have items from anywhere else in.the world. I remember to import my 2000 bmw x5 from Texas they wanted a huge amount of money like 8000 back in 05 i believe. Ill be buying mickey Thompson's baja claws 37s made in the usa..

Are nitto the same as toyo? ???? They both sound Asian to me so i always thought my trail crapplers were japanese Haha

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A controlled process from specified materials is just that---makes no difference if they go into the mold here or in Brazil to product will be the same. The last Pirelli ATR tires I had came from there lol---wish they still made my size but they don’t.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Hahahahhahahahhhhhha you get robed at the Canadian border if you have items from anywhere else in.the world. I remember to import my 2000 bmw x5 from Texas they wanted a huge amount of money like 8000 back in 05 i believe. Ill be buying mickey Thompson's baja claws 37s made in the usa..

Are nitto the same as toyo? ???? They both sound Asian to me so i always thought my trail crapplers were japanese Haha

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2

Hmmmm no guns without a LOT of hassle and taxed out the *****-----sounds like you need to move out of Kanada.