Tool Preference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i lose too many sockets to justify snap on or matco. for me, tool life is not as important because i am always buying replacement ones. i dont break tools..... just lose them. i think snap on is a conspiracy..... all of the tools i buy from them are dark in color, so when i leave it on the floor of a car, it blends in and you cant see it. then you leave it there and wind up lookin for it later, only to realize you left it in a car that is no longer in your shop. damn..... hen you have to go buy a new one.... double damn.....

Florescent spray paint eh?

Banned
Reaction score
I spray a line of paint on all the tools I buy. That way if my brother or dad steals it, I know it's mine haha.

******* are always stealing tools from each other. They ain't gonna steal mine lol.

Cummins_Bred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's much harder to truly break snap-on stuff. Wear out? still too early if you ask me but mostly beats crapsmen. I'll know i'm in hell when I open a toolbox and my flf80 and slf80 80tooth ratchets are missing. We've all had that nut or bolt that is in a space soooo tight you can barely move the ratchet either direction. SNAP-ON >>>> Craftsman in this regard. And my hands hurt 400% more when using those shit cast ratchets vs my smooth polish finish snap-on

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
speaking of harbor freight, i have been through 2 craftsman aluminum low profile jacks and have a harbor freight one that is still going strong and is more dependable. lol

Rumor has it, craftsman discontinued this jack. I have one of each. Craftsman and HF. I like the HF better.

For tools.
Ingersol for air tools.
Greenlee or Klein for pliers and screwdrivers
Kobalt socket crap because when you break a socket or driver, just take it to lowes and they replace it no questions...
Proto combination wrenches
Proto allen head and torx head sockets

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i lose too many sockets to justify snap on or matco. for me, tool life is not as important because i am always buying replacement ones. i dont break tools..... just lose them. i think snap on is a conspiracy..... all of the tools i buy from them are dark in color, so when i leave it on the floor of a car, it blends in and you cant see it. then you leave it there and wind up lookin for it later, only to realize you left it in a car that is no longer in your shop. damn..... hen you have to go buy a new one.... double damn.....

Ha ha, a little story about painting tools. I was out in Furnace Creek testing at 120f and the engineer we were with didnt like it that in between runs we were swimming in the pool so he told me to paint all the tools so he would know which one was which.
I dumped the whole tool box out on a tarp and painted everything that fluorescence orange!!! ha ha ha was he pissed...

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right now, I'm going through the Big D & renting an apartment at friend's junkyard, and his son just ****** the crap out of me. He leaves tools all over the place, on the ground, etc..., even one of the Pit Bulls thanks they are his doggie toys. So, when I see them I just open my toolbox and throw them in a 5 gal bucket I have in it. Yesterday, I noticed it was full, so I call Tim (the father) over to my truck, and gave him the bucket of tools, and he tells me thanks, and then I tell him where I got them from. Talking about having a conniption about it; I thought he was going to kill that boy of his. I just hope the little shit learnt something about taking care of the tools that help him & his family making a living. Of course, I just snickered & snickered just knowing that I got the little disrespectful shit in trouble

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad was a mech, so i got all his tools. Snapon mac craftsman here and there, imo there is a difference snapon and higher end stuff fit better. I have been using my mac 1/2 drive inpacts to tear apart a rusted 75 bronco, with air gun and a ir 60 gallon compressor. These are old mac inpacts and they have been working very well. I main tool box is a craftsman rollerbaring box that was almost 900 dollars new that i caught for half price and its working very well.

I did track down my snapon guy the other day he loves me cause i come to him. I spent 450 dollars with him 2 weeks ago. 2 tools a ratching screwdriver in pink for the wife. And the 5 -100 pound eletric troque wrench. With spending big money in tools is is extreamly helpfull to keep everthing orginized. And always put it back when done for the day. Always clean and spray a rust inhibtor on them. When something breaks get it replaced asap.