Tool Preference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What tool manufacturer do most of us Raptor owners use? I'm talking more along the lines of socket sets, wrenches (flex head, angel, etc), torque, etc.

I've gone through so much HD and Lowes crap lately that I'm willing to invest in a good set that I can count on.

Thanks in advance.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i always buy craftsman wrenches, sockets, and basic tools. i buy the snap on, and matco when i need specialty tools. i hate losing the expensive ones, but it happens all to often. i have left them in customers vehicles too many times. a snap on socket costs $15 where as the craftsman costs $6. and the damn magnetic sockets are $35 each and there is no cheap replacement for them.

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use my snap on tools for a living. They get lots of use. Had some of them since the 70s. If your looking for tools that last gotta be snap on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Snap on for the most part for sockets and wrenches. Their air hammers also rule.

I prefer matcos swivel sockets over snap on though, I feel it's a much better design. I broke snap on swivels frequently but I couldn't break the matco ones even when I tried. the matco swivel will start to seize up but I could always limp them by till the tool truck came.

Snap on has better ratchets too, and flex heads can't be beat once you get the hang of them.

My ratcheting wrenches are blue point which are the cheaper snap on line, but I'll be damn because even abusing the shit out of them I can't break them. My shorty wrenches are sk, for the amount they get used I didn't feel I needed to spend the money on snap on. They have been flawless over the years.

I also like snap on extensions over any other make. The snap on style with the swivel end are nice until they wear which then the socket always wants to fall off, but my tool guy would replace them without hassle.

The old style hard handle snap on screw drivers rock! They can be rough on your hands though. They take a beating from a hammer when you wanna go chisel mode lol.

I have both Torx and Allen head socket drivers from snap on and have been happy with them. The bits do occasionally break but snap on always replaced no problem.

Banned
Reaction score
I use mastercraft.

its a canadian brand sold in canadian tires stores.

good shit. have yet to break a tool. and we wrench on my dads 5 ton with em all the time. theres some tough sumbitches on that truck. the tools we got never complain.

no need for the expensive snap on or matco stuff for me.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks all. Going to scour the internet for some deals and will be leaning for snapons for my basics. Really appreciate the feedback so quickly.