To Recaro or not to Recaro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm speaking on experiences with other Ford products and how those parts were designed. For example a front "chrome" grill has a VERY thin coating to give it the chrome appearance. While it's not easy to remove some people reported serious heat exposure that caused the "chrome" to bubble up eventually peeling off. Underneath was not any sort of metal at all.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SIAP, but this was in an AutoWeek review, for those concerned about the dimensions of the Recaros in the '19:

"With a focus on rough terrain, bolstered Recaro buckets probably aren’t on the top of your dream rig’s parts list. But they should be. The new Recaro seats in the ’19 Raptor have a fairly wide base and a relatively wider back -- wider than my 6’ and 180-pound frame could totally fill -- so bigger folks should have no problem fitting comfortably. Still, despite having some wiggle room, the seats hold well when going around rough terrain and loose road surfaces and give you enough support that you won’t feel like you’ve spent the day in a paint shaker."

The Recaros I had in my twin turbo B5 Audi S4 were probably the best seats I've ever had.

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SIAP, but this was in an AutoWeek review, for those concerned about the dimensions of the Recaros in the '19:

"With a focus on rough terrain, bolstered Recaro buckets probably aren’t on the top of your dream rig’s parts list. But they should be. The new Recaro seats in the ’19 Raptor have a fairly wide base and a relatively wider back -- wider than my 6’ and 180-pound frame could totally fill -- so bigger folks should have no problem fitting comfortably. Still, despite having some wiggle room, the seats hold well when going around rough terrain and loose road surfaces and give you enough support that you won’t feel like you’ve spent the day in a paint shaker."

The Recaros I had in my twin turbo B5 Audi S4 were probably the best seats I've ever had.
I’m a bigger guy and they are perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Shocking how many dealers are stocked with 19s without recaros I do not get it.
Take a stupid hood sticker off and throw recaros in . I have seen only 1 dealer stock with recaros and ive looked quite a bit online locally

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shocking how many dealers are stocked with 19s without recaros I do not get it.
Take a stupid hood sticker off and throw recaros in . I have seen only 1 dealer stock with recaros and ive looked quite a bit online locally

Probably cause it was delaying orders and they wanted stock. Plus all blue interior can be buyer specific

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably cause it was delaying orders and they wanted stock. Plus all blue interior can be buyer specific

I do wish they had more than one color option. I like my orange accent interior quite a bit more than I even thought I would...breaks up the black/grey monotony nicely, IMO.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recaro gets a good bit of licensing money so Ford can use them. They also spent a lot of
R &D money to make sure they hold up well. Recaro makes an excellent product. I have them in my CTSV where they are a 3400.00 option and worth every penny.

Last edited:

ToucanLife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The recaros break in after about 1500 miles and you sit deeper in them

When I first traded in my 17’ for a 19’ there wasn’t a massive difference - now they hold you nice and tight

And for anyone claiming alcantara wears worse than the cheap bonded leather ford uses over time, I’ll take alcantara over that stuff anyway

BD6600CA-8DB4-49D3-8973-B42FE150E6C9.jpeg