Recaro/Aftermarket Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a bit now ive been experiencing discomfort in the seats. Bottom feels almost worn out flat when sitting, but seems fine when i press down with my hand. Lumbar support seems to dig into my lower back even on its lowest settings.
I love this truck, but man long drives and even sometimes short drives its honestly frustrating constantly shifting around and messing around with the seat settings. Anyone else who sits in them says theyre really comfy though. Tried a few add'l paddings, but they change the seat position too much. Debatin takin these to an upholstery shop to see if they can add padding, but dunno how much they can squeeze in between the seat covers, any try that? Also anyone try just replacing the foam from ford with new ones, but i feel like these arent flattened nor should be at 40k miles.

Been trying to find the recaro seats to see if theyre any better in that regard, i have similar race type seats in my lightning and i can do hour long drives in that with no issues. Cant really seem to find aftermarket seat brackets for these trucks, but also dont wanna lose the airbag/cooled seat stuff either. Called tasca parts on their recaro stuff and they said its on backorder, plus its like 3k just for the seat covers and no idea if thats the complete package with the foam or without.

tl;dr im fat and picky, pls help

_nc_ohc=s595Inpz_9EAX9TKnJe&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.jpg
_nc_ohc=_TxWWQkYVDMAX9nT1oj&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.jpg

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I see your lightning seats are still for sale as well as seat brackets for 2015+ F-150s on the Braum website. Will that not work, or are you looking to go a different route?

OP
OP
Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see your lightning seats are still for sale as well as seat brackets for 2015+ F-150s on the Braum website. Will that not work, or are you looking to go a different route?
So i dont really like braums seat brackets, theyre not by them, its by planters or w/e, but on the lightning they dropped the seat height a bit and it was an absolutely pain getting them on due to clearance.
Ive debated it, but kinda holding out for finding the oem recaros so the dash doesnt give me errors and i can still use the factory heated/cooled seats.
Its kind of my last option if i cant find any for sale, nor can add the padding to the factory seats kinda thing.

Wilbur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try them out for yourself, but I find the factory recaros a lot better than the regular ones. They have more bolstering and seem to hug you. They look more sporty as well.

OP
OP
Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try them out for yourself, but I find the factory recaros a lot better than the regular ones. They have more bolstering and seem to hug you. They look more sporty as well.
yeah theres one on the lot an hour away, tryna find an excuse to go there and slap my ass on there.
Other issue is just tryna find them in general, seems like from ford its ridiculously expensive, and on fb and ebay theyve been nowhere to be found

OP
OP
Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving this
Anyone familiar with how swappable seats are to different seat frames? From what i can tell the bottom seat kinda straps into hooks in the frame, not sure on the back frame attachment. Kinda wonder if i can get these and swap them to the raptor seat frames. Hopefully the airbag on these also has the same connector.
1685473231249.png

OP
OP
Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you manage to find that, but congrats, I suppose it was not cheap... we will look pics when you will have done job !
over a year of searching, calling, and missing out some

Only seen one of the 19-20s being sold on the fb raptor marketplace, and a 2022 set on ebay, been checkin a lot on junkyards and finally found one.
Quite a few wrecked raptors with them on copart but they only sell the entire truck.
Hell ive even asked dealerships if they wanted to trade lol, always met with nos but worth a try.