To Decal or to Not Decal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok.. I thought for longest time the decals looked little cheesy and cost way too damn much... but now they are growing on me.... wanted some opinions on what you guys think about the hood and exterior graphics? Yay or nay? And why?

Seems its a 50-50 split on the Forum,and bottom line is buy what YOU like...Hell,my whole truck is a decal..LMAO...but didnt have a choice since I bought a 2014 already done...at first I was almost going to pass,but was to good of a deal...and honestly,I've owned for 10 months now and they have grown on me and I'm liking and for sure get lots of comments and thumbs up...IF I was to do it over and buying new...Yes,I'd go for the RAPTOR decal on bed sides.
Downside....
They do fade over time...mine are starting to a little...no big deal unless your **** like me,LOL...Did go to a local detail shop to see if there was something to bring the bright blue back to original and they told me,best they could do was a wax,but that fading was the downside to decals....
Anyone out there find a product to make the POP again.....?

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A big part of the graphics hate is the cost. $2000 for the OEM bed and hood graphics is just ridiculous.

I think they fit the truck's look fine and now that aftermarket ones are more readily available (for under $300) you are seeing them a lot more. You'd see even more trucks with them if they were less than $500 as a factory option.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine with graphics. The price is terribly stupid but I wanted them cause I like them and I have the money. Doing it over I would buy the graphics from a third party and have them installed...would save at least half if not much more.

tyler ryan

Reaction score
I think it really depends on the colour of truck you get. I have a ruby red raptor and I have only the bed graphics. In my opinion I like them because they add a bit of contrast colour to the truck which I like. Have a straight red truck would not be something I would enjoy but with the offset of the black graphics I think it look good.

Pegmikeski

Reaction score
Do your own. I loved the old decals but was not thrilled with the new ones. Here's my 2019 Ruby Red Metalic20190725_162628.jpg

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can look at this both ways as I said earlier. The older I get the cleaner the look I like. But have had muscle cars in the past and restored many more, the decals are part of the vehicles personality as the factory designed it. At least that’s what I keep telling myself lol. I’m long over the boy racer nonsense. But If there on the vehicle when purchased, let them ride. However I won’t stand for dealership swag all over my vehicle.

I also prefer the clean look of the tailgate appliqué as it’s monochrome. Vs the blue oval and the Rapture badge. My truck is Magnetic however and it blends in very low key. So I can deal with the decals on the bed at this point.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anybody wants them I have a set of OEM 2019 hood and bedside graphics. They were supposed to be on the truck from the factory but Ford screwed up so they shipped them separately. I’d do $1000 + shipping for the set.