Time for UCAs. Keep it stock or upgrade to aftermarket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i literally bought some OEM UCA's yesterday, and the online store I got it from said 3-4 weeks out. The dealership said 2 weeks out but they were $50/ea more. The delay is because theyre coming from the US, so you would prob get them faster than me.
Share the store?

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
since you're a fellow Canuck this store maybe of benefit to you! Shipping rates are decent (within Alberta at least), and the prices are the best ive seen from a Canadian supplier. My local dealer cannot match most of their pricing.

Well, I hope those uca's fit, I tried looking them up on that site, and even though it says w/svt raptor, when you click on it, it says it fits a bunch of other trims too. Seems pricier than Rockauto, but not if they are Motorcraft and they fit. Good find if they are available.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I hope those uca's fit, I tried looking them up on that site, and even though it says w/svt raptor, when you click on it, it says it fits a bunch of other trims too. Seems pricier than Rockauto, but not if they are Motorcraft and they fit. Good find if they are available.
I think its like that because technically they would fit the other trucks if you were trying to do a conversion? Im just spitballing, not sure if thats true or not. Also, at checkout you enter your vin for verification too.

If you use the OEM part number's AL3Z3085B and AL3Z3084B they'll be the right arms. This store sells OEM only. The dealer quoted me $240 and $227 as their lowest when trying to match the $198 and $187 on this site.

I was toying with the idea of the moogs at Rock, but wanted to keep it all OEM. I think after getting my quote for the 6.5-7.5 hrs for the dealer to do the suspension, install new sway bar links and UCA's, I will tackle this on my own and save the cash lol.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think its like that because technically they would fit the other trucks if you were trying to do a conversion? Im just spitballing, not sure if thats true or not. Also, at checkout you enter your vin for verification too.

If you use the OEM part number's AL3Z3085B and AL3Z3084B they'll be the right arms. This store sells OEM only. The dealer quoted me $240 and $227 as their lowest when trying to match the $198 and $187 on this site.

I was toying with the idea of the moogs at Rock, but wanted to keep it all OEM. I think after getting my quote for the 6.5-7.5 hrs for the dealer to do the suspension, install new sway bar links and UCA's, I will tackle this on my own and save the cash lol.
Some guys are pros at this and can do it on the side of the road in an hour, lmao. Well, that might be pushing it, ha ha. Yeah, save yourself a 1000 bucks easy, more once they add on shop towels, etc to the price.

OP
OP
D

dfinn

Reaction score
The Icons that my shop was trying to talk me into don’t actually fit raptors, they are for all the other f150s. I went with Camburg. Seemed like a good middle of the road upgrade that won’t require me to ditch my factory wheels (yet).

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya for the price they are middle of the road (compared to SVC, RPG etc), but definitely an upgrade from oem. I think I would rather go with tie rods for the same money though!

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because of salt and other garbage they throw on the roads up north, personally, I went with OEM style. Uniballs dont like corrosion, and if you D.D. your rig, they will burnout quick. The MOOG OEM replacements are the exact same as the motocraft for a fraction of the cost. Ive got about 15000 Kms on mine as of yet without a single squeak.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been told the aftermarket arms are just bling for these trucks unless you seriously offroad it. I have never been a fan of the uniballs for a truck that's street driven and sees rain or snow as it wears them out quickly.

98rangerdave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been told the aftermarket arms are just bling for these trucks unless you seriously offroad it. I have never been a fan of the uniballs for a truck that's street driven and sees rain or snow as it wears them out quickly.
I can personally say I have over 20k miles on my uniballs and they’re still tight enough not to have to replace. I daily drive my truck, granted I do live in Southern California so we don’t get a lot of “weather” but it feels like the uniballs are anything but fragile.