Timbren SES on a GEN 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98Craig

Reaction score
So right now, sumo doesn't have anything for the Gen 3. I spoke to a tech guy and he said they are doing testing and product design, but as of right now, nothing.

RaptX4

Reaction score
Great insight - thanks for sharing. Maybe the Timbrens will be my first step.

OP
OP
R

Ryed

Reaction score
So right now, sumo doesn't have anything for the Gen 3. I spoke to a tech guy and he said they are doing testing and product design, but as of right now, nothing.
Thanks Craig, I sent an email to them today but you verified my suspicions.

Reaction score
Wish I had seen this. I ordered the sumo springs from real truck. They had them for the 2021 raptor on the website so I ordered. Got them in a day (awesome) but they’re def too short. I called the tech line twice today. When I received them the first thing I notice was the instructions were for 2017-2020. Called tech and they said the part # is also for the 21-22 model. So i installed them only to see they still leave about a 2-3” gap between the axle and spring. Called again and they said to send them measurements. So I did.. now I wait.

took the pic with spacer being held up underneath and since I didn’t install it at first.

Attachments

• CFC42C2A-EAA3-40AC-8AE7-5C56F929F2D1.jpeg
    CFC42C2A-EAA3-40AC-8AE7-5C56F929F2D1.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 84

98Craig

Reaction score
Wish I had seen this. I ordered the sumo springs from real truck. They had them for the 2021 raptor on the website so I ordered. Got them in a day (awesome) but they’re def too short. I called the tech line twice today. When I received them the first thing I notice was the instructions were for 2017-2020. Called tech and they said the part # is also for the 21-22 model. So i installed them only to see they still leave about a 2-3” gap between the axle and spring. Called again and they said to send them measurements. So I did.. now I wait.

took the pic with spacer being held up underneath and since I didn’t install it at first.
Hearing this it concerns me that Timbren might be the same. Reason I say this, the part is listed for 2017-2022 as well. FR150RB. I talked to someone at Timbren yesterday also, but could tell they were NOT in the know.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buy an f250f350 if you don't want a raptor suspension. Tow within the limits of your vehicles door tag and you'll be fine. I would think RPG/SVC, etc will produce different coils, etc eventually, other than that, I never understood why people go that route of Timbren. Just my opinion, don't be a hater.
Oh if we wanna hate we will. So there. Lol.

don’t ya love when companies don’t even know what their parts will and won’t fit. They send you a part with their fingers crossed. Unreal.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Timbrens back in October. I attached them on my truck to pull my boat. Timbren states that these should be about 1/2" - 1 1/2" gap between the bumpstop and the axle. Mine measured out to almost 3" of gap. I called Timbren and they sent me a new piece of steel and spacers that should put the bump stop closer to the axle. I have not installed them yet, but I will in a little over a week and going to get my boat out in two weeks. I will be towing it two hours away so it will be a good measurement to see how well they work. Keep in mind, my boat and trailer only total out to about 6,000lbs. Here is a picture before I got the new steel.

Bumpstop.jpg

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buy an f250f350 if you don't want a raptor suspension. Tow within the limits of your vehicles door tag and you'll be fine. I would think RPG/SVC, etc will produce different coils, etc eventually, other than that, I never understood why people go that route of Timbren. Just my opinion, don't be a hater.
Exactly, Really don't even need a F250+ just the correctly optioned F150.
I am at a loss as to why people buy a $80,000+ truck that does not actually fit their needs. I have talked to a few Raptor owners who have done this exact thing and every one says basically the same thing.

The Raptor is the best "looking" truck and as such is felt to be the "alpha" in the Ford truck line up. ( so it is basically an ego thing)

So they buy one and then modify 50% of the Raptor out of it with 20 inch wheels and modifications that take away from the "Raptor" suspension and literally attempt to make it more like a normal F150.

These people don't grasp that they would actually be better off with a limited or a platinum F150 and then modify it with a small lift, 35" tires and some fender flairs. The limited ain't no slouch.

But I digress, without the Raptor "fan boys" Ford would never sale enough Raptors to those of us I call off road/adventure enthusiasts and the Raptor would not exist.

Fact is we need each other.

98Craig

Reaction score
Exactly, Really don't even need a F250+ just the correctly optioned F150.
I am at a loss as to why people buy a $80,000+ truck that does not actually fit their needs. I have talked to a few Raptor owners who have done this exact thing and every one says basically the same thing.

The Raptor is the best "looking" truck and as such is felt to be the "alpha" in the Ford truck line up. ( so it is basically an ego thing)

So they buy one and then modify 50% of the Raptor out of it with 20 inch wheels and modifications that take away from the "Raptor" suspension and literally attempt to make it more like a normal F150.

These people don't grasp that they would actually be better off with a limited or a platinum F150 and then modify it with a small lift, 35" tires and some fender flairs. The limited ain't no slouch.

But I digress, without the Raptor "fan boys" Ford would never sale enough Raptors to those of us I call off road/adventure enthusiasts and the Raptor would not exist.

Fact is we need each other.
"They" need you?