Timbren SES on a GEN 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryed

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Timbren SES Suspension Enhancement System on a GEN 3? I did a search and came up empty. Just curious if anyone has any feedback/experience.

I know the Raptor is not purpose-built for towing, but hoping to tow my enclosed trailer and hillclimb car (7,900# combined). Between the Timbren SES and a weight distribution hitch I'm cautiously optimistic I should be OK.

My truck in in production now, so starting to order accessories!

Timbren SES Suspension Enhancement System

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used that system on a 2017 and 2019 Raptor with great success. Can't speak to how well it will work with a Gen 3.

98Craig

Reaction score
I have them on mine. What do you want to know?
I'd like to know if you tow anything and did you notice a difference before/after install? Did you install yourself? I've got a boat I'll be towing. I've heard the "sag" is less with a gen 3 versus 2, but don't know for sure. As far as I can find, this is the only current option (no airbags and I haven't seen springs I'd change out either). Thank you for the info!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buy an f250f350 if you don't want a raptor suspension. Tow within the limits of your vehicles door tag and you'll be fine. I would think RPG/SVC, etc will produce different coils, etc eventually, other than that, I never understood why people go that route of Timbren. Just my opinion, don't be a hater.

OP
OP
R

Ryed

Reaction score
I have them on mine. What do you want to know?
How much did they help the sag while towing? How much weight have you towed with your Raptor? Do they effect the ride quality while not towing? Overall general impressions? Thanks!

RaptX4

Reaction score
Interested in this input too.. I just traded Gen 2 for Gen 3 and will be towing 24' boat at about 7,000 lb total boat, motor, trailer weight. 2018 Gen 2 handled it fine without Timbrens, but the sag was evident. Thinking of adding the Timbrens on the Gen 3 after I check the sag this spring.

Sethrad

Reaction score
Call and speak to the tech reps at Sumo Springs. Having used both Sumo and Timbren…I’d suggest the Sumo. Smoother ride from a more progressive material. I use the Sumo with a SDHQ bump stop pad. Works great.