Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Timbren has a solution for rear suspension sag!

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modification' started by FatBuoy, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Slow6

Slow6 Full Access Member

I am sorry to hear that. I apologize, I couldn’t stop myself from being a smart ass earlier.

Have you looked at the SumoSprings by Super spring? I know this is a Timbren thread but... I have had the SuperSumo on mine for a year, since the first time I hooked onto my trailer. I’ve ordered my Icon rear springs and waiting for them to come in, I’ll leave the Sumo’s on until I get a bump kit installed. I will remove Sumos, measure height and install new rear springs and remeasure ride height, I’m certain I’ve compromised the rear springs even with the extra “support”...

I wish I had a photo how the Sumos sit on the bump, maybe half inch of compression with 350 pounds in the front of the bed (hard cover rolled up). They have two versions a 1500 and 1000 pound rating. I have the 1500pound mode because my trailer is heavy.

Hope that helps. I’ll look on my computer at home and see if I have a photo of them installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Hopp150

Hopp150 Full Access Member

No worries at all, a little smart asserey never hurt anyone. Thanks for the suggestions on the sumos. I’ll look into them. I’m interested in the icons as well and curious to hear what your experience is with them.

3. Elite Marine

Elite Marine Member

So Sumos or Timbren??

I tow infrequently but need something to stop the sag!!

4. BillyParks

BillyParks Member

Has anyone used these? I have a 19 and with camping gear and dirt bikes in the bed and one on a hitch hauler, I have some sag I’d like to get rid of.

Also is there a way to increase the tounge weight? 500lbs doesn’t seem like a lot. I’d like to have two bikes on my hitch hauler which has a 600lb capacity + it weights about 150.

3230E4E0-9CC3-46C0-99F5-7EFF71FA06EE.jpeg