Timbren has a solution for rear suspension sag!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timbrens coming tomorrow 8/31 will post pics when hooked up to trailer 28 ft. ultralte 7500 lbs.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the Super Sumo (1500lbs rated) and a WDH when pulling my enclosed trailer.

Without trailer hooked up the super sumos just rest on the pads. I don't notice much difference riding around on roads (Paved, and rough/washboard gravel roads) but wouldn't want to have sumo's on if I was going off road and wanted to have flex in the rear.

I'm wanting to install a spring perch kit and looking at the usual suspects. eventually I'm sure I'll need to change the rear and front springs, and possibly shocks. Time factor probably depends if my rear springs go out, I only tow this trailer a few times a year. Around 600 miles round trip.

Raptor with trailer.jpg

Last edited:

Hopp150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine today and installed them. Bone stock 2018 and there is almost 2.75 inches from the bottom of the bump stop to the contact pad. The bump stop itself is only 3.9 inches tall. Can anyone confirm the proper length for the stops they are using? Thanks. I saw reference to a 4.5 but I'm curious ig anyone has anything longer than that.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there is almost 2.75 inches from the bottom of the bump stop to the contact pad.

So the rear end would have to squat 2.75" BEFORE touching the bumps?....so if the rear only squats say 2.5" with the trailer hooked up, what do the Timbrens do?....

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the rear end would have to squat 2.75" BEFORE touching the bumps?....so if the rear only squats say 2.5" with the trailer hooked up, what do the Timbrens do?....
Jar your back when you hit a rough patch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopp150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it would have to squat 2.75 to make contact. I sent them back today. Timbren changed the kit and part number recently because they said they were having problems with the one for the Gen 2. They claim the kit they sent me is the proper kit and that they have had no complaints. I find it very hard to believe. They wanted to send me spacers to drop the stop down 1.5 inches but that would defeat the purpose of having a progressive rate stop in my opinion. The block of rubber they sent me was only a few inches longer than the stock one and the rubber was twice has hard. No way this would have solved my problem. E-trailer customer service was great and when I showed them the pics they agree that this is the wrong kit for the Gen 2, however, they would not refund the money I paid for expedited shipping to me. I’m still a little frustrated about that but overall I’m
Glad they paid for shipping back and should be refunding my money soon. Back to the drawing board.