Timbren has a solution for rear suspension sag!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with Timbren direct. They now have a solution specific to the Raptor. And the great news is that once installed, it only takes 15-20 minutes to remove or reinstall it. For me, this is perfect. For the limited times I would tow my tongue heavy trailer, I could pop it on, tow, then pop it back off for offroading. And if you are going to be on the street only, you can leave them on, as they do permit some travel.

Here's their 2017/18 Raptor specific part number: FR150RA

It's not on their site now, since it's so new, but they assured me you could order through one of their dealers and they have them in stock ready to drop ship. It's around $250

Just wanted to share the great news!

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I need a stop gap solution until Icon releases their springs, so I'll be a guinnea pig for these. Called the local shop and they're going to try to get a set fedexed in to install early next week. I go pick up my trailer next Thursday so if I can get them here on time it will be perfect timing.

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh, what is the "solution?"

solution
NOUN

1A means of solving a problem or dealing with a difficult situation.
‘there are no easy solutions to financial and marital problems’
More example sentences
‘Any process aimed at supporting people through to a complete solution will be difficult to manage.’
‘So far it's proving difficult to find a solution.’
‘I must admit I don't have a good solution for this situation and it's frustrating.’
‘On the matter of rising property assessments, we have made a proposal to the Province that we hope will be accepted as a solution to our situation only.’
‘Depending on space colonisation to improve the situation puts the solutions far away in the future.’
‘The long-term solution to solving these problems is to develop a societal norm based on a limited number of core values.’
‘The problem will not vanish by itself; to continue to ignore it will make a future solution more difficult to achieve.’
‘Do Americans even want to follow such a leader down a rocky road to difficult solutions?’
‘The space shuttle is a complex solution to a very difficult problem, lifting a crew and a large cargo to Earth orbit.’
‘That said there will never be a universal solution to the situation because you can't please all of the people all of the time.’
‘The easiest solution to this situation is to address the issue right in the beginning during the initial audition.’
‘The decision to divest the business has not been an easy one to make but it is the only solution to a difficult and unsustainable situation.’
‘I wish the mayor and governor would actually stop pretending to be tough and look at the situation to devise a solution.’
‘Because if that political process does not move along on that timetable, the military solution cannot solve this problem.’
‘It is difficult to imagine what solutions are likely to come of such a brainstorming session.’
‘However, the government can only facilitate a solution, it cannot solve the problem.’
‘The promotion of the article page was simply a short-term solution to a difficult situation.’
‘The Department of Education insists the school was always regarded as a temporary solution to an emergency situation.’
‘Arthur, however, does not see this as a reliable solution that will solve this problem.’
‘For Jordan's benefit, let me point out that there are three possible solutions to the situation.’

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I need a stop gap solution until Icon releases their springs, so I'll be a guinnea pig for these. Called the local shop and they're going to try to get a set fedexed in to install early next week. I go pick up my trailer next Thursday so if I can get them here on time it will be perfect timing.

Nice! Please let us know how well it works. What is your tongue weight?

OP
OP
FatBuoy

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's your payback:

Tongue weight - The downward force exerted on the hitch ball by the trailer coupler. In most cases, it is about 10 to 15 percent of the GTW. To tow safely, the tongue weight must be sufficiently positive when the trailer is empty and/or when fully loaded.

Haha! Touche'

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Please let us know how well it works. What is your tongue weight?

Don't know yet. i'm estimating 700 lbs, and another 960 lbs of passengers and gear. So 1660 lbs total, and I've got a 1150 lb labeled capacity on my truck.

I'll be a little light when I go to get the trailer, since that weight includes 180 lbs of extra water and fuel, an extra passenger, and probably another 150 lbs of gear that I won't take.

So the first trip won't be a perfect indication, but I'll take some pics anyway. We're headed out for a 3 week trip a few weeks later where I'll be fully loaded.

BTW, my local dealer just called while I was typing this and Timbren is shipping out a set to arrive Monday AM - $235 plus $26.29 for the rush shipping.

She said that the Raptor version of the SES is rated at 6000 lbs capacity, which is the same as their standard SES kit.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Uh, what is the "solution?"

This is a poor man's version of using bump stops to increase load capacity. Instead of being pneumatic like the Fox air bumps or air bags, these are basically squishy blocks of rubber. There's surely some performance disadvantage, definitely a little more trouble to install and remove, and of course you don't have the benefit of running shorter air bumps when not towing. But on the flip side, they're $1300+ cheaper than any of the Fox kits.

For my use, they definitely should do the trick until I can get my hands on the Icon springs. Ultimately, I hope the Icons will allow me to run with just the factory bumps. (I'm not convinced that the Gen 2 needs air bumps for offload abuse like the Gen 1 did, so the Fox kits would be of limited use for us, imo.) At any rate, this will save me from having to get a WD hitch just for these first few trips.

Short vid -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekUff1zPG80

Last edited:

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ETrailer said that the Timbren SES for our trucks has not yet started shipping from Timbren. Pricing from RealTruck looks like $215.
As soon as they're out, I'll be buying...

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Any reason your going with Icon over deaver?