Thoughts on trading '18 Raptor for new '19/'20 Limited?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
a limited rides like a dump truck compared to a raptor.

I had one as a loaner when my raptor was getting warranty work. It made me sad.

If I was thinking about a mid-travel build and a cage, I'd go with an f-150 with the interior and drivetrain options that I wanted.

But if you plan to leave it stock-ish and love the way the raptor drives and handles, you'll hate the limited.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Limited’d except for the Ray Charles spec’ed interior. If they would just do a nice Black Dimond stitched Interior I think they would sell more.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah....the first year 16 of the current generation had the peach color seats. I wanted one real bad until I looked at the interior. Game over after that. I guess it was a more European look.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A dad truck? Maybe a gentleman’s truck, but my little guy can’t get enough cruising time in the Raptor!

Sounds to me like you want that stealthy street truck that has the 3.5HO and most won’t know it. I’m sure it’s quick no doubt. It’s a Cadillac truck as compared to the Raptor which is a cowboy Cadillac. I have to think this truck’s suspension is setup for middle ground. Kind of soft, but can handle half way decent. But @zombiekiller had one on loan and said it drove like a dump truck. So that doesn’t sound good. The limited is just missing something, like better wheels and the fancy chrome grill doesn’t float my boat either. Too Gentleman Jim for me.

But now is a good time for a deal and financing if needed. So if change for you is imminent, then you may need to take advantage. It does seem like folks who love and enjoy the Raptor know it and wouldn’t go another way entirely. So you need to decide if that’s you or not at this point. Just how I think it sounds like.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Considering trading my '18 Raptor for a '19-20 Limited for a few reasons. First, 0% on the Limited. This makes no sense, as it's more expensive than the Raptor, but it's true. Also, the Limited now has the Raptor HO engine, which is even more potent in a lighter/smaller truck. There are also options on the Limited not available on the Rappy.

I love my Raptor, but I'm looking at a cam phaser repair soon, and the width of it day-to-day is kind of a pain. I can do 98% of the stuff I do in the Raptor in a Limited, and it would be easier to live with. Still, it has none of the cache of the Raptor (and I hate the Limited grille), although that has been diminished by Ford cranking up the output.

Am I nuts? Do I need to take some test and double down on a 2020 Raptor and be done with it?
When was the last time you looked at a 2010 limited and said that is a nice truck? 8 yrs...When was the last time you saw a 2010 raptor and said that thing still looks sweet! Today. The raptor will always be more desirable than a limited even if it is lifted with long travel.

WTFOT

Reaction score
I went from 2015 Platinum (first aluminum body) then 2019 Limited and 11 months later 2020 Raptor. Same engine and a lot slower than 19 Limited due to wheels and weight difference. I only miss one Limited feature, the massaging seats. The Raptor capabilities do not compare to the rest of the F150 lineup. I regularly run out to a friend 80 acre plot to hunt pigs, Limited at 20 mph was a hang on tight experience, The Raptor at 45 mph is just plain fun. We have a 19 Rubicon in our house and the Raptor is the favorite for high speed off-roading.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah....the first year 16 of the current generation had the peach color seats. I wanted one real bad until I looked at the interior. Game over after that. I guess it was a more European look.

Respect your decision, but personally I'd have to disagree after with your assertion of the interior after seeing many in person.

16-f150-ltd-passsideviewint-mr-1.jpg