Trading in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hal993

Reaction score
Welcome and Happy Raptor Day.

FWIW:
I ported over to a Gen2 from a '22 BMW X3 M40i. The X3 was a legit 4sec 0-60 rocket that actually handled curvies really well on summers... save the "designed" understeer. On a group drive though twisties in Dragon territory, in the wet, M cars could not shake me.

Even though I had test driven the raptor before, I wanted to want/need a Gladiator. I went and test drove a Gladiator with 35s. The lack of torque crushed my soul.

That afternoon, I had a list of trucks to test drive. I never made it past the Gen2, and it was parked in my driveway that night.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great. Wife is real pissed. Liked the Vette a lot
Mine was exactly the same when I traded my c43 in for the raptor. She loved the c43. Took a month, and now she loves it. On the other hand, I do always miss my mustang, but I would never swap back for it. You made the right choice. Give it time.

The corvette could go fast, but this can go fast anywhere.
200.gif

RobSpring661

Reaction score
I’m considering trading my wrangler and my c8 corvette on a new 23 35 raptor.

I have little kids and the vette was something I wanted but don’t use nearly enough. If I buy the truck I won’t need the wrangler.

Anyone else shift from a sports car to a raptor?

I don’t expect the same
Performance. I’m looking for every day smiles for miles.

Thanks!!
The Raptor is a very special vehicle. I'm biased, but I have owned several different types of cars over the years. It's super comfortable, wife says it's the most comfy vehicle she's ever ridden in, and very refined. But.....and it's a big BUT.....when you get it off-road, especially on fire roads and areas you can open it up....switch it to Baja mode and it's Dr. Jekyl / Mr. Hyde. The thing turns into a different vehicle. I am absolutely blown away every time I let it stretch its legs.

If you plan on not doing any off-road, and only street queening it...I would say maybe a TRX. They are faster...but a bit bloated off road imo.