Trading in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tractorman

Reaction score
I had a modded C6 Z06 and a 2013 Rubicon (with a supercharger). I like performance. We quickly found that trips in the Z06 were fun for the driver, not so much for the passenger. Taking a backroad, or really any road but a really good one, was a no-no in the Vette. Even though I am a grandpa, youthful stupidity reared its ugly head when I drove the Vette. I never wrecked it or got a ticket, but with ~650 HP in a 3100 lb car, stupid comes in less than 4 seconds. I sold the Vette and we kept the Rubicon, but even with the supercharger it still isn't much fun to drive except off-road. So I bought a Raptor in 2020, and it checks the boxes of being fun, allowing us to explore, and is roomy and comfortable. Whenever I suggest that we take the Rubicon or our Superduty (tow rig) on a trip, my wife quickly suggests the Raptor.

I think you are making a good choice, especially with kids in the mix.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great. Wife is real pissed. Liked the Vette a lot
Yeah the Raptor is so much more useful on a daily basis than our C8. The C8 actually isn't as impractical as it looks, but its definitely less hop in and go than the Raptor. I agree with the OP on the C8 being kinda boring. Sounds crazy, but after a couple months of driving it the drama is never there. Once you get used to the 40-90 rips, you always want more. Ill be keeping it for a while though. I always wanted a corvette and a mid engine car. This car kills two birds with one stone on the car bucket list front. It is a very excellent car, I get why your wife is pissed mine sure would be...lol

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left my cherished GT500 for the Raptor. I can't say I'm happy about it. But, the Raptor does much better on the rocks and fire trails. And I don't care as much if anyone touches it, scratches it, looks at it wrong, or asks to ride in it.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am going to dump them both. I’d rather have Raptor and replace Vette with something older with a manual and a back seat
Sell them both, buy the new Raptor, then take some of the proceeds put to the side & take your time looking for something else that scratches the itch

My advice? Look for Chevy SS sedan or a CTS-V both of which you can find solid examples in the $35k-$55k range, would also consider a ‘15-‘19 M3 sedan w/ manual trans & the initially disliked but much more reliable S55 turbo i6 - can get a nice low mileage one for $45k-ish, lastly while not a sedan, I’d also consider looking at a Challenger SRT8 w/ manual trans- back seat plenty big lol.