This might sound a little crazy but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the bass knob definitely helped and added more bass to the system at higher volumes. however at around 3/4 volume the oem filters kick in a bit, but remember its still only an 8in woofer. here is a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 55

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys those are the pictures of te sub in my truck I have to say I am sry satisfied with the result I was looking for something to give me a better quality bass without sacrificing the underseat room. This does a perfect job but like Noah said this is just an 8 I was not looking to be heard a mile away so I am happy with an 8 inch. The box looks amazing I watched it come together over the process of Noah making it and he spares no expense his boxes are top notch quality. And with the brackets that are holding it down I know it is not going anywhere. I noticed the difference when I started driving and listening to the songs that I usually play and this sounds much better. I would reccomend this product if you are wanting to save your underseat space and want a better quality sounding bass not a higher output but quality bass which the stock Sony is lacking in.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

The only thing that is being worked on is that 3/4 filter

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Also under the seat is the stock jack a tow strap some d rings and a fire extinguisher and a spare towel.

OP
OP
Duke240

Duke240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ran into an issue tonight. i got the system installed, but the damn autoleveling eq is affecting the sub at higher volume. i will be getting parts to make that go away so hopefully sunday night it will be complete. tbone sent me a text saying that the sound is awesome, but its only when the volume is at the middle or lower. during tuning i found that, that is right about where the oem system starts to cut power and frequency. i have a fix so it shouldnt be an issue.

to the op, sorry, i kinda threadjacked you. but i figured this is relevent to you original question.

Hey Noah, are the JL summing and Cleansweep installed? :eek:

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now Noah if you could incorporate some sort of "protection" for the sub i would be verry interested.

I have a couple of dogs and one of the dogs likes to stand :nono: on top of the factory sub. I keep the seat up so she doesnt rip the leather with her toe nails. Right now i have my bag with toe strap and other various things sitting ontop of the sub so that she is less likely to stand on it lol