This might sound a little crazy but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've listened to my fare share of 8 tracks. dad's but still have them but we finally put the old tv stereo 8 track record player in the shed we still listen to them songs on the 8 track.
yummy yummy, tall oak tree, I cant remember the name but it go's.
I'm gonna take my baby for a ride tonight we're going to hit the road on my two wheele bike faster it's all right 3rd gear it's all right. something like that. Elvis, beach boys,

Tommy1005

Reaction score
You could always mount the amp behind the rear seat. That's where mine is, so I could get the extra air space for my sub.

OP
OP
Duke240

Duke240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for you audio people! For the sake of something cheap and quick, I found this box at a local "custom" audio shop. $120

SINGLE F150 EXTENDED CAB '09 & UP

The space for the above box is .8 and the sub I'm putting in requirement is between .25 and .50. Alpine slim 10inch type R. Will this larger box destroy the sub over time?

What should I do? Are there any poly-fill tricks or anything?

Tommy1005

Reaction score
A little bigger shouldn't hurt anything on assailed enclosure. Also poky fill makes the sub think that the box is bigger.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a larger box will only hurt if you have it on high volume a lot. you will get distortion sooner. but with this small of a setup, it probably wont make a huge difference

OP
OP
Duke240

Duke240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a larger box will only hurt if you have it on high volume a lot. you will get distortion sooner. but with this small of a setup, it probably wont make a huge difference

That’s good to hear...BUT What if I put a block on the inside to take up the remainder of volume space? You know, to get the specs just right. :grd: