Thinking bumpers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was just trying to explain it. I already have a full race one. Glad they were able to bring the price down. Too bad for me though.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Oh, I understand. I can tell by your bumper you've got an intercooler already. Just adding that pricing has dropped by $200 on them.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apparently they won't sell to CA... Intercoolers have zero to do with CARB... not sure why this would not be able to be sold there...

“This intercooler kit is not CARB exempt at this time and is not legal for sale in California or use on vehicles registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicle.”

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
“This intercooler kit is not CARB exempt at this time and is not legal for sale in California or use on vehicles registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicle.”

Yeah that's what I said. Makes no sense since intercoolers aren't subject to carb approval... they are not emission related devices. It's like saying they can't sell a bumper to CA.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I said. Makes no sense since intercoolers aren't subject to carb approval... they are not emission related devices. It's like saying they can't sell a bumper to CA.

I don’t think they’re the only vendor that won’t sell them to California.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/aftermkt.htm

EDIT: I don’t see how/where it’s illegal, but this has been up for debate before. Maybe Nick will be able to explain it.

Last edited:

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Well that's a bummer. I suppose everyone is still running it here in CA and not going to worry about it until smog time in 4 yrs.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think they’re the only vendor that won’t sell them to California.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/aftermkt.htm

EDIT: I don’t see how/where it’s illegal, but this has been up for debate before. Maybe Nick will be able to explain it.

This PDF says an intercooler for a GAS powered car with stock turbos is fine...
https://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/APPENDIX G final 12-2009.pdf