Think I blew up my front diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it's under warranty, they are supposed to give a rental. At least my dealer says that and always asks when doing warranty repair. My dealer stopped doing loaners while ago and work with enterprise down the street. You should go back and make sure, it's going to be a few days they should

youre only entitled to a loaner/rental if you purchased the Ford ESP. If all you have is factory warranty, it’s totally up to the dealer.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
youre only entitled to a loaner/rental if you purchased the Ford ESP. If all you have is factory warranty, it’s totally up to the dealer.

Huh.. Well, they should change the policy for this level of purchase. I'd talk to them about it just for that reason alone.
I guess that's the way it is then. I have had ESP on past two trucks as I used to tow for living and needed to make sure the warranty went beyond. Guess didn't give much thought to it cause of that.

that's enough strikes for me on this thread... lol.. I'm gonna leave this one alone now. :emotions133:

OP, best of luck to ya. I'm sure it'll work out and get replaced. Still, I'd go back and ask for rental, just for the fact of price point and this is not your fault. It's not an extended oil change.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s true but they never give loners. They always say I have to go through insurance. I’ve been ubering to work which is a bit inconvenient but luckily I don’t work too far.

Standard automobile insurance does not provide rental reimbursement for a warranty repair. If it's part of the policy it provides coverage for a covered peril (collision, etc.)

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t know about Ford but usually for regular vehicle brands a loaner is a courtesy generally provided if the work is being done at the dealership you originally bought the car from.

A premium brand won’t necessarily care.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bigger dealers use the loaner policy as a way to get you to buy from them, smaller dealers don't have the volume to cover the costs.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Galpin is huge! I believe it’s been the #1 selling ford dealer in the world for like 20 years or something crazy...but I didn’t buy from them due to the fact they had raptors marked up a minimum of 30k when I was looking.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO update they are trying to void my warranty for my REAR SVC Bumps, REAR deavers and REAR svc traction bars. Only other mod is the fox 3.0's that are set to out of the box height but they did not mention those in there warranty denial claim. So I called ford and opened a case up asking how all these rear suspension modifications could effect the front differential. I have a feeling I am going to have to fight very hard for this.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean if this were something I felt my shocks would have caused I would 100% man up to it, but tell me if I'm wrong on this. I have stock sized tires (35x12.5) everything else up front is stock. I can't see how shocks that level the truck would cause a diff housing to blow apart. I attached a few pics of what they sent me in the email along with just the words unable to be warrantied we recommend you call your insurance.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg