Think I blew up my front diff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
contact Ford C/S and ask them to explain exactly how your --rear-- suspension mods - such as they are, have contributed to the demise of your front differential. really, the service manager should have caught this and said whoa.

get a lawyer. assuming you have no powertrain mods, this is pretty crappy of the service department at this stealership

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. I didn't want to lash out because I was pretty upset but The service writer told me I could come down and talk to the shop foreman so I am heading down after work. He also told me he wouldn't open a case with Ford if he were me because they would send an inspector down and just void all my warranty (which is BS). So I , being frustrated, said well apparently the warranty isn't good for anything anyway. I'll update after my meeting with the service manager and foreman.

Owen Grady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I've about had enough of ford recently myself. My trucks using oil and it is going to take 3 trips to the dealership to check my oil before they will do anything. Every appointment 3 weeks out so I'm another 2 months of rattle engine before anything gets done and then who knows how long

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I may have missed it, and it's hard to tell what is broken from the up close, blurry photo, is that an mounting tab/ear that broke off the diff housing?

If the broken area appears dirty along the margins, like it's been cracking over time, you may have a case of defect. If it's a clean break, that may be why they are claiming mods or abuse, like a sudden load situation. I would also be interested in seeing the inside of the diff.

Best of luck.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got back and spoke with the shop foreman. I think the service writer got confused. The foreman said they hadn’t denied anything they just submitted it to get approval from Ford. He said it’s possible that they will deny it but then you can call Ford and escalate it. So I guess we’ll see.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
dude. You’re a paying customer who paid top dollar to ford for the top (only) Ford Performance truck. News flash: Truck owners modify some stuff on their trucks.

You should be indignant and inconsolable to the Ford CS staff.
serious question for you - are you in your 20’s? service staff treat young customers with far less respect. I’d be up the dealership management’s posterior for this kind of $hit show and tell them bluntly they have exactly one chance, and one chance ONLY to both retain you as a Ford customer and retain you as a dealership customer and the window is 24 hours long.

my terms would be as follows:

whomever wrote the “denial” notification and whomever approved it is fired. Gone. Done in the dealership and with Ford. Non-negotiable.
the repair is covered
free loaner for the ownership of the vehicle.

take it or get sued.

I’ve been successful in a lemon lawsuit, your case is less ambiguous than mine was. it wasn’t fun or fast, but I won.

hell I would pay a lawyer to show up at the dealership with me JUST for the theatrics.
of course... that wasn’t a financially viable option when I was in the midst of a lawsuit but things are different now.

I salute your thoughtful approach here, it’s what’s called for. But the stealership needs to understand your outrage, politely, but strongly expressed.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I’m 30 and I made it clear that I was upset. I agree with you that they should not have said it was denied without even waiting for Ford to respond with the warranty claim. I get that a company has to abide by its policies but I also feel upset that that now due to the fact that they pointed out all my modifications in the rear, it just seems like they are trying to BS me. It sucks because I really really love this truck and I have been a loyal supporter of Ford (my dad and grandpa have never owner another make) but it makes me question whether or not I’d buy a ford again. But I’m trying to keep my cool cause anger probably won’t get me anywhere. Haha

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Yeah good info. Definitely make stealership upper management / ownership know they have a limited window and opportunity to retain you as a customer and shed some dead weight. This kind of stupidity should be reserved for southern commiefornia... oh wait... ;-)

seriously, this is an epic customer service fail. The stupid is STRONG in your stealership service department.

OP
OP
Turbogoat324

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah and what’s crazy is galpin has their Galpin Auto Sports who do customized cars and trucks. There is literally a new aftermarket long travel fully built raptor on Galpin’s lot with a new car sticker. I feel bad if whoever buys that ever needs to warranty something