Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thamac15

Reaction score
My 21 Raptor with 900 miles is going in to fix the rattle/banging noise over bumps. There also is a fan noise from the left rear seat that’s so loud and it drives me crazy
They know what’s making the noises? I see “going in to fix” and I question they’ll find something, unless they already looked at it and isolated the noise.

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 21 Raptor with 900 miles is going in to fix the rattle/banging noise over bumps. There also is a fan noise from the left rear seat that’s so loud and it drives me crazy
Please keep us posted on the rattle/banging. It’s a reoccurring problem and to the best of my knowledge no one has been able to pin point the issue.

Fan noise is a known issue with a programing update to fix.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you pull the fenders off, you have to replace the clips or they will not fit tight. Maybe they removed them for some reason? It's an easy fix to remove the screws and replace with new clips so it will sit flush.
Just took delivery of my Raptor today. 3/4 fender flares were perfectly flush. Drivers side rear is about 1/8” or so from being flush. an you walk me through how to properly remove and fix? Thanks!

trentp

Reaction score
I also have a rattle or clanking while driving over small bumps, especially noticeable on a washboard road. Feels like a 20yr old truck, not a brand new one with 500 miles on it. I checked the connections on the sway bar thinking that would be a likely culprit for the noise but they were tight. Interested to see what ends up being the cause.

Last edited: