Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJ-306

Reaction score
My advice is to just drive the **** out of it and have fun. Warranty covers all else

You're going to drive yourself nuts
I agree, I also used to stress out trying to keep my 2018 802A in perfect condition. Took some time to let go, but it finally happened and a little dirt doesn’t bother me anymore. My Raptor looks better on a trail covered in dust anyway. I still enjoy doing my own maintenance though.

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my truck yesterday and drove 300 miles home. Followed the PDI tips. CHECK the fuse box! Every single fuse was partially seated the same amount. I’m guessing that a robot installed the fuses. I pushed them all down to fully seat.
Appreciate the reply.
this definitely seems like a reoccurring issue, and simple thing to check to prevent headaches.

TheSkinMusket

Reaction score
Anyone figure out that gas pedal and floorboard rattle over slight surface roughness and bumps at low speeds? Take my feet off the floor and can't tell anymore. But that isn't exactly a practical solution.
I’m still working on trying to diagnose it. Trying to convince my brother to hitch a ride underneath the truck while I cruise around the neighborhood.

AustinRaptor512

Reaction score
Found of FB, updated to list:
Coolant lines rubbing crank pulley, check clearnece and make sure they are not touching the belt or pulley.

View attachment 322694
Coolant line rubbing against the crank pulley caused my leak. I should’ve checked this. I’ve run down this list since getting the truck back and everything else appears to be in order.

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drivers door had a ”creek” in it when opening up past the first indent.
Pretty typical sound on an older vehicle with a squeaky hinge or spring, but thought it was odd on a brand new truck.

pulled into the garage tonight and got my work light out to inspect. Found that the actual door lip was hitting a plastic rivet that was pushed through from the engine bay, this is all inside of the door jam.
It’s a small nub that I’m assuming just needs trimmed. Tried to take a picture but it’s hard to see through the small door gap.

only on drivers side.
just a minor annoyance but check if you have any door squeaks or creeks. :driver:

list updated!

CCB77C5D-248E-4ACF-90F2-70CF5E08E789.jpegC95AD20C-3C71-41A2-AC5A-57B87A573CE3.jpeg

Erjdrvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had or have the following:

3. Plastic wrap around front shocks (from shipping)

10. Check fuses under hood. Multiple reports! (Not fully seated) engine bay - back corner - passenger side (mine were all working but did push in an additional 1/32 - 1/16).

14. Subwoofer housing under rear seat not tighter down completely, rattling sound.multiple reports (Mine were not loose but tightened additional half to full turn).

New:

A) uneven front bumper
20211017_165453.jpg
20211017_165321.jpg
B) Trim panel behind rear seat retainer not secured which during loud music causes it to vibrate.
20211011_084506.jpg
C) Gap at top of rear fender flares. This one I'm most concerned about cause it seems to be getting worse. Suggestions on how to fix or should have them replaced?
20211017_130733.jpg
20211017_124934.jpg

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had or have the following:

3. Plastic wrap around front shocks (from shipping)

10. Check fuses under hood. Multiple reports! (Not fully seated) engine bay - back corner - passenger side (mine were all working but did push in an additional 1/32 - 1/16).

14. Subwoofer housing under rear seat not tighter down completely, rattling sound.multiple reports (Mine were not loose but tightened additional half to full turn).
Greatly appreciate the detailed list/pictures and new items!
I will add them to the main page, and updated pdf.

This will continue to help others look over things.