Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RickRed

RickRed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had my first hiccup. Got several engine overheating messages. Pulled over and checked the coolant reservoir and it was completely empty. Had coolant dripping down into a puddle off the skid plate. Hopefully just a loose hose, but Ford is coming to pick up on a flatbed now. Anybody else have similar issue?
Unfortunately a reoccurring issue.
At least two or three members here had the same issue.

You can check the other threads but loose line into the tranny cooler. Sounds like someone on the assembly line didn’t remove a clip and tighten properly.

Hopefully they get you back up and running quick.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
yeah it seems you n00bs are getting a few more of the loose radiator connection than the 2017’s did. I wonder if they changed something up that’s significant in the part or process here.

They’ll have you back on the road soon.

leinad1904

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of mine yesterday and the main things I noticed not listed here (so could be isolated issues) is the stitching on the steering wheel was coming apart and the alignment of the truck is off, it pulls to the left

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately a reoccurring issue.
At least two or three members here had the same issue.

You can check the other threads but loose line into the tranny cooler. Sounds like someone on the assembly line didn’t remove a clip and tighten properly.

Hopefully they get you back up and running quick.
This is not the same problem as @AustinRaptor512 problem. Two different problems. I had a loose tranny cooler line and AustinRaptor512's is an antifreeze leaking problem. Probably still just a loose connection somewhere just in a different location. Somebody else did have a problem with antifreeze leaking as well.

bobbyboost

Reaction score
Anyone figure out that gas pedal and floorboard rattle over slight surface roughness and bumps at low speeds? Take my feet off the floor and can't tell anymore. But that isn't exactly a practical solution
I'm still searching for the cause on mine. Not sure if its related to the right front rubbing while accelerating and turning left.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My advice is to just drive the **** out of it and have fun. Warranty covers all else

You're going to drive yourself nuts
I like your advice. Years ago I used to go over a vehicle at the dealer with a fine tooth comb. Now that I barely keep vehicles a year, I really don't care. No car/truck is perfect. The more you look, the more you'll find. And I am not taking away anything from this thread. I think it is an excellent resource.
I have a slight rattle in the pedals going over small bumps/divots in the road. Speed bumps, driveways, etc. are fine, so it's not loose suspension components as far as I can tell. I may just be super sensitive (I tend to hear and feel everything and drive myself bonkers) but would be interested to see if anyone else knows what I'm describing.
a rattle in the pedals huh? Get a load of this. I bought a 2020, brand new at the time, M5. Every time I'd step on the brake pedal (and the brakes on an M5, the rotors are as big as a large pizza pie) the pedal had a hitch in it, like it would feel like you were pressing over a bump. Naturally the mechanic bragged about how big the rotors are and said normal operation. Well, I've owned probably 20 cars, including 7 Porsches, since 2014 and none ever had that feeling in the pedal. And I felt it immediately. Drove me nuts. Traded it in for my 2021 Cayenne GTS after 8 months.

bobbyboost

Reaction score
I like your advice. Years ago I used to go over a vehicle at the dealer with a fine tooth comb. Now that I barely keep vehicles a year, I really don't care. No car/truck is perfect. The more you look, the more you'll find. And I am not taking away anything from this thread. I think it is an excellent resource.

a rattle in the pedals huh? Get a load of this. I bought a 2020, brand new at the time, M5. Every time I'd step on the brake pedal (and the brakes on an M5, the rotors are as big as a large pizza pie) the pedal had a hitch in it, like it would feel like you were pressing over a bump. Naturally the mechanic bragged about how big the rotors are and said normal operation. Well, I've owned probably 20 cars, including 7 Porsches, since 2014 and none ever had that feeling in the pedal. And I felt it immediately. Drove me nuts. Traded it in for my 2021 Cayenne GTS after 8 months.
I used to love BMWs...until I owned an M3 that ate clutches.

The Raptor rattle wouldn't bother me if everything else wasn't so smooth. It makes the sudden rattles much more noticeable and annoying.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to love BMWs...until I owned an M3 that ate clutches.

The Raptor rattle wouldn't bother me if everything else wasn't so smooth. It makes the sudden rattles much more noticeable and annoying.
Every rattle bothers me. I usually have my wife crawling around the truck like army ants to find where rattles are coming from.

NeoLeo

Reaction score
Picked up my truck yesterday and drove 300 miles home. Followed the PDI tips. CHECK the fuse box! Every single fuse was partially seated the same amount. I’m guessing that a robot installed the fuses. I pushed them all down to fully seat.