Things to check after taking delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great checklist for new Raptor owners on delivery day. NO manufacturer makes a perfect vehicle. Tesla owners have had a new car delivery checklist for years now. Ask me how I know:)

bobbyboost

Reaction score
I have the same thing, I know exactly what you are describing but haven't figured out what it is yet. It may be normal, I just don't know.
This is an old thread, but the issue has been reported by owners of Gen1 and Gen2 Raptors over the years. Possibly related? I'm going to get underneath the truck this weekend and won't come out until I find the source. If it were just a noise I'd turn the stereo up and ignore it, but I can feel it in the gas pedal and it's unbelievably annoying.

TheSkinMusket

Reaction score
This is an old thread, but the issue has been reported by owners of Gen1 and Gen2 Raptors over the years. Possibly related? I'm going to get underneath the truck this weekend and won't come out until I find the source. If it were just a noise I'd turn the stereo up and ignore it, but I can feel it in the gas pedal and it's unbelievably annoying.
Let me know if you find anything. Does it change at all when you put it in sport mode? I tried that today and it seemed to go away with the tightening up of the suspension.

bobbyboost

Reaction score
I haven't tried sport mode yet, but I will this afternoon.
Changing suspension/steering modes doesn’t change anything. I’m also getting some rubbing when turning left and accelerating, but neither the wheel well liner or tire have any marks on them.

RaptorRey

Reaction score

Also interested in what you find. I have a rattle/clunk in the front suspension as well. More prominent in the right front. Its quiet over large bumps, but knocks over rough roads or potholes. Haven't tried in sport mode but will try this weekend. My front headlight is also fogging up when it rains outside so will probably take it back to the dealer to look at both issues.

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also interested in what you find. I have a rattle/clunk in the front suspension as well. More prominent in the right front. Its quiet over large bumps, but knocks over rough roads or potholes. Haven't tried in sport mode but will try this weekend. My front headlight is also fogging up when it rains outside so will probably take it back to the dealer to look at both issues.
Did you find anything loose? Asking for a friend who may have the same possible clunk.

bobbyboost

Reaction score
Did you find anything loose? Asking for a friend who may have the same possible clunk.
Not yet, no. I actually went and got a GoPro to stick in the wheel well and see if I can capture the rubbing/clunking in action. The lack of any obvious rub marks or loose parts makes me wonder if it could be IWE related.

AustinRaptor512

Reaction score
Just had my first hiccup. Got several engine overheating messages. Pulled over and checked the coolant reservoir and it was completely empty. Had coolant dripping down into a puddle off the skid plate. Hopefully just a loose hose, but Ford is coming to pick up on a flatbed now. Anybody else have similar issue?