The heat is on for the raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While I wish I still had the fastest production 4x4 truck, that Ram is still an over-priced Dodge, Chrysler Fiat- Raptor wannabe and I will stay with Ford. Overall, my Ford trucks have been built tough, take abuse, and don’t start rusting in 5 years.
TRX really lacks any originality.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my 10 SCAB I bought for $27k with 85k miles. Id never spend $90k on a offroad truck or any truck unless it was a Trophy type.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with everyone on this. But the truth is (MHO) if Ford does not come out with a V8, it will concede to Dodge (Ram, or whatever you want to call it) like it or not. A vast majority of truck owners (Raptor owners included) would like to see a V8 return to the Raptor.
Would I jump ship to Ram? Hell no, been there, done that (Had a 2010 Dodge 2500, loved the Cummins, hated the truck).

They have called Ford out. Will they stay the Eco friendly route or, step up and put a super charged Godzilla engine in the Raptor?
Only time will tell...

Supercharged “Godzilla”? F’in eh man, you shoot right for the moon! Can’t say I don’t like your style lol

But that would be a creation that would practically sucker punch Ram, Dodge, FCA or whatever the hell that company is now SS308. Truly could top them. But I can’t see Ford going back that route. 750-800HP 750+ lbs-ft my god what a beast. And like 8 miles to the gallon or 10-12 in cruise mode and 4 cyls deactivated.

The 5.2 Supercharged would be more the answer I think, even if they did it. But this in current trim is a higher revving car motor. Work would need to be done.

I still almost think some type of tech machine may come to fruition. 3.5PB @ 600-650TQ (your at TRX levels) or if they went crazy and want brand dominance. They use that dual front electric motor patent and put another combined 200-300 TQ to run the front wheels.

Think about something as crazy as this. It could be ready to run against full blown BEV trucks. And have a built in generator on top of it to run your camp site lol

What will they do. I’m glad to be in a Raptor now and still quite happy. I can watch the future unfold and mature some before the next purchase.

Trooper

Reaction score
My first truck was a Dodge and I loved it. Then loved my F150 until the Ohio winters tore it apart so I have no brand loyalty. Ford set the standard with the raptor and finally getting in to one was one of the happiest days of my life. I like the competition it brings and I do like the look of the TRX. The raptor still looks better in my opinion but that doesn't mean my head won't turn the first time I see one on the street.

TDBrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Five-link suspension on the TRX is cool. I imagine the next gen Raptor will be similar.

Interiors on the Rams are great...I'd expect this one to be no exception.

Horsepower/weight is where I think Ford can beat the TRX. IMHO it's probably the best indicator of overall performance.

Biggest issue for Ford is probably public perception. Unless the next-gen Raptor is a fire-breathing monster, the TRX is going to get the longing looks from teenagers that the Raptor used to get. Don't know how many Raptor buyers make a decision based on image, but I bet it's not an insignificant number.

Cribz

Reaction score
In every single post on IG Facebook whatever, what’s the first thing mentioned? 700hp, beyond that most don’t know much about this truck. Still don’t have a clue how it will perform off-road, beyond doing donuts in some dirt. I like the look of the ram, but not as much as the raptor. They tried but I feel came up a little bit short, especially with the amber light placement in the hood scoop. And the price is $20k+ up from a comparable raptor, all because 700hp. I’m one of the few that doesn’t care the raptor doesn’t have a v8, and 700hp would be nice in a street truck, like the Shelby f150, I’m just not sure how well it will translate to an off-road truck that’s purposely used

I'm with you on not caring about the V8.

fueler

Reaction score
I think @TDBrown is right on horsepower to weight, TRX is up 250 hp to the Raptor 450 but the Raptor is lighter than the TRX. 0-60 times, 4.5 for a 700 hp steel body TRX, depending on where you look the Raptor is 5.1 to maybe as high as 6.0 but on average around 5.5 seconds. So, .5 sec to maybe 1 second the -250 hp Raptor loses, in a straight line. But, I'm the 1% here, and the TRX isn't offered in SCAB, nor is the next gen Raptor, and the 2nd gen Raptor in every other category, is the one to beat. Looks and features, IMO. I wouldn't even be here in the Raptor forum if the 2nd gen wasn't offered in SCAB option, so me and a few others on here (we know who you SCAB owners are((SCREWS are still badass)).) are loving our gen 2's. On a side note, picking mine up tomorrow, pics to follow.

Last edited: