The heat is on for the raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone on this. But the truth is (MHO) if Ford does not come out with a V8, it will concede to Dodge (Ram, or whatever you want to call it) like it or not. A vast majority of truck owners (Raptor owners included) would like to see a V8 return to the Raptor.
Would I jump ship to Ram? Hell no, been there, done that (Had a 2010 Dodge 2500, loved the Cummins, hated the truck).

They have called Ford out. Will they stay the Eco friendly route or, step up and put a super charged Godzilla engine in the Raptor?
Only time will tell...

Badbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone on this. But the truth is (MHO) if Ford does not come out with a V8, it will concede to Dodge (Ram, or whatever you want to call it) like it or not. A vast majority of truck owners (Raptor owners included) would like to see a V8 return to the Raptor.
Would I jump ship to Ram? Hell no, been there, done that (Had a 2010 Dodge 2500, loved the Cummins, hated the truck).

They have called Ford out. Will they stay the Eco friendly route or, step up and put a super charged Godzilla engine in the Raptor?
Only time will tell...

I struggle with this. Do I want a badass supercharged V8? Yes absolutely. But do I also want better performance, torque, quicker throttle response, longer range, etc? Yes to that as well. The future of the industry is electric and I would not be surprised if they went that route with the gen 3 or even gen 4.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I struggle with this. Do I want a badass supercharged V8? Yes absolutely. But do I also want better performance, torque, quicker throttle response, longer range, etc? Yes to that as well. The future of the industry is electric and I would not be surprised if they went that route with the gen 3 or even gen 4.

Unfortunately, batteries lack distance and torque (in regards to a truck). I think we are at least a decade away from anything close to reliable electric trucks.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A vast majority of truck owners (Raptor owners included) would like to see a V8 return to the Raptor.

Where are you getting your information from? I don't know that truck owners who don't have are not looking at Raptors really care what engine the Raptor has. I don't know that the majority of the potential Raptor market wants a V8. I think those that want a V8 speak out more often, and they are not insignificant, but whether that means the Raptor HAS TO have a V8 is very much debatable.

Unfortunately, batteries lack distance and torque (in regards to a truck). I think we are at least a decade away from anything close to reliable electric trucks.

We will easily have electric trucks within the decade, but whether or not they can match capabilities of an ICE truck is debatable. But electric doesn't have to full electric. 2021 F150s will have the hybrid powerboost option and I imagine the Raptor will as well.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks like a raptor. Slap a Raptor hood and grill on it and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. I guess Fiat's motto is if you can't beat em copy em and put a big motor init...LMAO

Chris retired grunt

Reaction score
I agree with some of these posts. It looks like a Raptor copycat. I just don’t see the need to go 118 mph in a pickup. If I want to drive that fast I would get a Shelby Mustang or a Corvette. The lights on the hood look like they could not find anywhere else to put them, so they just found a spot.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree mostly but you should do some reading. Electric vehicles and the trucks such as rivian are putting up much higher torque numbers than ICE. It's not a torque issue or a power issue. It's a range issue as you stated. Also...the range while towing/hauling is pathetic. They advertise 500 mile range but add a load and it drops 50-75%. They aren't there yet but they are darn close. I bet in 5 years there will be a compelling reason to switch.

SS308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree mostly but you should do some reading. Electric vehicles and the trucks such as rivian are putting up much higher torque numbers than ICE. It's not a torque issue or a power issue. It's a range issue as you stated. Also...the range while towing/hauling is pathetic. They advertise 500 mile range but add a load and it drops 50-75%. They aren't there yet but they are darn close. I bet in 5 years there will be a compelling reason to switch.

I hope you're right. ;)