The Fuel Additive Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mechanic in a can = Seafoam .
From fuel tank to crank case. I will not use in the Crank case on a newer motor , but have used it as a fuel additive on my truck a couple times.

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Given that the Owner's Manual says to NEVER use fuel additives, I would do so infrequently. I've got 15K miles on my truck and have never used a fuel additive. But I've got a trip from Alabama to Colorado and back planned for this summer, and I will buy and use some of Ford's fuel additive prior to that trip.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Given that the Owner's Manual says to NEVER use fuel additives, I would do so infrequently. I've got 15K miles on my truck and have never used a fuel additive. But I've got a trip from Alabama to Colorado and back planned for this summer, and I will buy and use some of Ford's fuel additive prior to that trip.

I've read that Ford, BMW, or other car manufacturer labeled fuel additives are just Techron with that extra label. Is that true?

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had very good success with the Amsoil FI cleaner, too, but that warning in the F150 Owner's Manual worries me.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK the H2O content is what keeps the engine clean but I'll respect your decision make sure you know what is in the additives you put in a lot of them have much more harmful chemicals than water I see you have a few more years of wisdom than me I hope I'm not to far off. I do like lucas oil put some in a tranny once fixed the leak and run good after but have never needed any thing in the gas

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The water in the fuel is what keeps the engine clean??? I'm going to need some help understanding that. I though it was the alcohol, since it's a powerful organic solvent.

Hey, what's this crap about having a few more years of wisdom, huh? HA! There's no fool like an old fool! I may not be that wise, may not be as fast as I used to be, am certainly not as strong as I used to be, but damn, I've got CRANKY covered!