The Fuel Additive Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never dreamed I'd be typing lol on a computer in high school. ask an old mechanic about spritzing some H2O in a carb to clean it up oxygen and water is the strongest natural cleaning agent their is I think don't quote me. remember them old cars you would hit a big puddle with it would suck up water in the carb it would stall out but once you fire it back up a way you go unless you know what your doing I would only use ethanol for the H2O part of cleaning. separation is not good because it is like running threw that puddle of water unless you could turn that separation into hydrogen It won't run the car.
I really don't know what I'm talking about I use e-30 and it works also I sell corn and have some stalk in ethanol right now for me it's the way to go Ethanol kicks gas
you see if you have a old car that is dirty from years of carb build up it will clean it making your car run rough because of the carb being knocked in to your combustion chamber once it is clean it will run good that is why you would have to take a carb off to clean it if it was really dirty. It should be up to us as Americans to burn what kind of fuel we want weather that is fossil or renewable with out the car manufacturers saying ethanol is what caused this EPA needs to figure it out and get it done.
the only proof I have is I have run e-30 in all my engines for 8 years with no problem dad has a 2004 and the check engine light came on I think because the O2 sensor could not detect as much carbonmonoxsid once it was turn off twice it has not been back on.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
we have blender pumps in sd they should be in every station Americas choice but they only recommend under e-20 in a non ffv my thoughts are any thing under 50% is safe but that is me any amount of ethanol will clean but I find e-30 to be the most economical I'm getting 14 mpg with my 2012 if I stay out of wot witch is hard for me

OP
OP
Ruger

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, back to the thread. Has anybody used the Ford fuel treatment? Does it work? What does it cost? Impressions?

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, back to the thread. Has anybody used the Ford fuel treatment? Does it work? What does it cost? Impressions?

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I'm interested in this answer. The dealer wants to sell me a fuel induction service. The manual says nothing about this, and I'm worried about them messing with something they shouldn't be messing with.

Should I be concerned about carbon build up in the fuel injectors? Should I use this Ford/Techron thing? Is this a 1980's old wive's tale?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dealer doesn't always know best about our trucks. Our manual also says the tranny fluid is for the life of the vehicle, but they are more than willing to sell you a tranny flush.

Not that a tranny flush is a bad thing, but most people won't need it.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, but a tranny flush with quality synthetic oil should not harm anything. At worst it's a waste of money. I'm concerned about the fuel induction service actually damaging the injectors. I've been reading up on top tier gas, gas additives, etc. I'll run a few tankfuls of Chevron just in case. I'm tempted to do the tranny flush, but the fuel induction not so much.