The beast has arrived - damn!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratualtions! Let the modding begin! I'm in Sterling.

I've noticed that the milaegae doesn't suck nearly as bad as I thought it would and I often get 18+ commuting to Maryland every day. I think Ford sold itself short saying that 16 was the max.

Of course all that goes out the window when you get on it! hahaha!

Great looking truck - Enjoy!

Bax

Looks like we have at least 3 Raptors in West of 28 then in NOVA. We should look for some places to take the beasts out in the nature...!

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

My average since buying the truck is 13.something. If I reset the instant mpg at my house in the morning and drive 40 miles to work on mostly highway and go lightly on the throttle it will read about 18.2 avg. when I arrive at work. After I dropped in a K&N filter (not a CAI) I got about 18.7 on the way to work. I haven't reset it in 3 days and my average has been 15.2 as of just now when I arrived at work.

You just have to be super easy on the throttle and drive 60-65 on the highway.

I'm running 93 octane but I doubt that matters much.

Bax

When drove to NOVA from Upstate NY (~400 miles), I was at 65mph most of the time on highways and easy on throtle. I was also coasting a lot when at top of hills/mountains coming down. I was at 16+ mpg most of the way. Great mpg...and can not complain at all. My wife's MDX is 2 years old and sucks gas like crazy - about 13 mpg...!!!

SQAudiophile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck banman12. I ordered on 12/6 from Van Bortel and build date is Jan 24th. I was ready for a wait and this process has been so easy thus far. Steve is taking good care of us.

OP
OP
GTC-NOVA

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good for you guys! Indeed Steve took great care of me, in spite of the long wait that he could not control. It seems to me that there is no more such a long wait...so you guys are in the clear! When you guys see Steve - when picking up - say hello from me. GT