TFL: Gen 3 + GT500 V8 is confirmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it would be a bigger '**** you' to Dodge if Ford didn't do the HP wars. The Ford is just a better built vehicle IMO anyway. Not gonna lie, I would honestly take a 600 ish HP 3.5TT hybrid over the 750 HP V8. Maybe I'm nuts.
I think most of us feel this way. Paying that much money for low MPG’s and more HP than you can use with high insurance cost (i suspect) is going a long ways to feel better about yourself.

I can still almost call my Raptor practical because we are in the dirt every weekend or using the truck to work on the house always with our two large dogs in the back seat and pulling over 20MPG highway.

Still, I’m happy that Ford doesn’t let Ram have their minor victory. I don’t know what they will do when the Raptor beats them in every category.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it would be a bigger '**** you' to Dodge if Ford didn't do the HP wars. The Ford is just a better built vehicle IMO anyway. Not gonna lie, I would honestly take a 600 ish HP 3.5TT hybrid over the 750 HP V8. Maybe I'm nuts.

I would take the 450hp TT over the 750hp V8 ... but that doesn't mean you aren't nuts.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure a big part of it is to avoid stolen tech, but as well, not every decision is made yet, and people don't like to get their hopes up only to be disappointed. Ford probably has not completed decided they are going to do a V8 SC in the Raptor yet, how limited of a release it will be if so, and when it will be available to the public. Better to hold everything till you can answer every question, or give out information that turns out to not be true.

There's also the idea that 'hype' only lasts so long. I've seen commentary that Ford made a mistake by announcing the Bronco almost a year in advance and taking preorders. When we do actually see Broncos on the road, it won't be that big of a deal anymore. Some may get tired of waiting and go get a jeep instead. In the case of something like the cybertruck and Rivian, how many of those preorders won't happen because the customer is no longer excited about it?
Look at the supra. Hyped to hell and wasn’t anything but a BMW Zwhatever with a hard top.

TYRCS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1000 lbs actually isn’t it?
I didn't wanna quote some outrageous numbers lol but a super cab gen2 is way lighter then the Ram. Our trucks have a way better power to weight ratio, lotta hidden power in these e
1000 lbs actually isn’t it?

it's close brother, the Ram is a big bitch
lots of power but the weight kills the proformance.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

600HP-650TQ would be nice. I think the lighter Raptor would be the the quickest and more nimble. Range in those high HP SC V8’s will be real limited in comparison. Ok gas is pretty cheap still these days. But true off roaders need range.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I never understand when a new vehicle or product is in development and the manufacturers try to keep it a secret rather than just giving out as many details as possible as soon as possible? If the idea is that buyers will not purchase what is currently on the shelf cause they will hold out for the newer one. Well that’s just silly cause the bigger concern should be that they will purchase from another manufacturer that has the current new product.

For example, if Ford was actually doing the V8 in raptor and announced it weeks ago I’m sure some would have held off from even considering or ordering TRX. Not all buyers of course but it would have taken some wind out of its sells (sails).

You can thank Steve Jobs and his black turtle neck sweater for that.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol...

everyone has some insider info these days. Hell, I've got insider information that today is friday and I'll take a crap by 12-noon.