Raptor Gen 3 Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but this is my prediction for Gen 3.

Engine: 3.5 Twin Turbo High-Output (same as gen2, why? Cause there is nothing wrong with it) with combined electric motor 35-50 kilowatt. “V6/hybrid”

Horsepower: 570-620
Torque: over 600 lb-ft
0-60: 3.7-3.9seconds
Mpg: ? Better than TRX that’s for sure
Total distance on full tank: over 700 miles

Call me names or hate me but this is another story of “I told u so” ;)

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call me crazy but this is my prediction for Gen 3.

Engine: 3.5 Twin Turbo High-Output (same as gen2, why? Cause there is nothing wrong with it) with combined electric motor 35-50 kilowatt. “V6/hybrid”

Horsepower: 570-620
Torque: over 600 lb-ft
0-60: 3.7-3.9seconds
Mpg: ? Better than TRX that’s for sure
Total distance on full tank: over 700 miles

Call me names or hate me but this is another story of “I told u so” ;)
This is the logical spec. I personally think they can boost the 3.5 to 500HP on it's own pretty easily. I also think that they can easily add a couple of electric motors good for 150HP or so. I'm thinking if Ford can get 650HP out of it and retain a 400-500 pound weight advantage over the porky TRX they will in effect win the war.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your specs, but I think it will be faster and less total HP.
The electric motors will be limited to add power from 0-4000s RPM tapering off at higher RPM. Peak torque will be close to 800 ft lbs at 3000 RPM ~ 450 HP

Last edited:

TCR 223

Reaction score
sooo the question is.... $$$$$$$$$$HOW MUCH$$$$$$$$.... they will be marked up over $100,000 for a pavement queen IMO (most Raptors are). I think I stick to the Gen 1.... I would hate to scratch a six figure truck, let alone rattle all the electronics in it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is using the 10R80MHT for their RWD based hybrids like the F-150; after investing in that design it’s unlikely that they would spend the tens of millions of dollars to engineer electric motors at the axles or wheels for a niche product.

Even if they were to increase the output of the 3.5HO to 500HP, the 35kw electric motor in the 10R80MHT only adds 47HP at most. When you combine the gas power/torque with the electric motor the total number is less still due to the overlap in power. It may be possible to fit a larger electric motor within the front of the transmission, but even if it was possible to double the current motor to 100HP, you’d still be 100HP down against the TRX with the additional detriment of the extra weight of the hybrid system.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the logical spec. I personally think they can boost the 3.5 to 500HP on it's own pretty easily. I also think that they can easily add a couple of electric motors good for 150HP or so. I'm thinking if Ford can get 650HP out of it and retain a 400-500 pound weight advantage over the porky TRX they will in effect win the war.

500HP out of the motor is a no brainer. A COBB tune and nothing else sends it well over 500HP currently. As someone else said we won't see a multi-motor design. Too big a departure from what they've already engineered for the F-150 line. The question is how much oomph the hybrid setup will deliver. I'm sure it will end up being an up-rated version of the current 3.5HO motor with a hybrid setup. I'd be surprised if they beat the TRX's 0-60 but I think the overall package will be more attractive to most people (aside from the man-children that FCA attracts with the Hellcat motors).

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is using the 10R80MHT for their RWD based hybrids like the F-150; after investing in that design it’s unlikely that they would spend the tens of millions of dollars to engineer electric motors at the axles or wheels for a niche product.

Even if they were to increase the output of the 3.5HO to 500HP, the 35kw electric motor in the 10R80MHT only adds 47HP at most. When you combine the gas power/torque with the electric motor the total number is less still due to the overlap in power. It may be possible to fit a larger electric motor within the front of the transmission, but even if it was possible to double the current motor to 100HP, you’d still be 100HP down against the TRX with the additional detriment of the extra weight of the hybrid system.

It seems like it would be a better choice to have the 2nd option of a SC V8 for those who want to match TRX HP and get the V8 noises.