Tech question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ChrisL

ChrisL

Reaction score
Are they referring to the updated PCM calibration that was part of the TSB? That updated cal has nothing to do with a power increase or change in thermal management, it simply has revised camshaft phasing parameters. Many members on here have had the TSB completed and this is the first I’ve heard of this concern; it sounds like they are trying to dismiss your issue. Ask them to do a comparison with another truck that had the TSB done or with a truck that was build after 07/18, which already has the new software. My 2019 was built after the build date cutoff and has the new calibration, my temperature gauge never went above normal and never displayed the numbers even when towing a 7200lb trailer.

Thats what I was told yesterday per the mechanic. The issue came about because the shutters were closed when they were supposed to be open and vice versus. They had another Raptor on the lot that they compared it to to actually find out it was the shutters. Apparently all that is fixed now and they are opening at the correct time, but I am still getting the temp flashing. The service manager called me today and I told him it was still doing it, empty, under normal driving conditions and it went to 234. He said they have other trucks doing the same thing. I really dont know what to do other then taking it to another dealer. Maybe thats what needs to be done. I have NEVER noticed the temp flashing until the did the cam repair