Tech question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This weekend I ran the truck with no trailer and nothing in the bed and it flashed 234
I'd call the dealer back. Something clearly isn't right. Who did the work? I had great luck with Oz at Lakewood ford on my phasers a few weeks ago. Truck runs like a top now and for some reason my MPG's have gone way up. Averaging 17.8 and I was getting 15.5 before. Their guess is the bad phasers didn't let the engine modify the valve timing enough.

OP
OP
ChrisL

ChrisL

Reaction score
I'd call the dealer back. Something clearly isn't right. Who did the work? I had great luck with Oz at Lakewood ford on my phasers a few weeks ago. Truck runs like a top now and for some reason my MPG's have gone way up. Averaging 17.8 and I was getting 15.5 before. Their guess is the bad phasers didn't let the engine modify the valve timing enough.

Faricy Ford did the work. I have a call into them and theyre trying to get a game plan together. Not sure what that means exactly

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Faricy Ford did the work. I have a call into them and theyre trying to get a game plan together. Not sure what that means exactly
I think that's service advisor speak for "we're not sure what to do, but we need to ask 14 people to be sure that we're not sure."

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You'd almost think they left the thermostat out and its not getting a chance to cool off in the radiator.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
234 with no cargo and no trailer sounds, still way too hot. We’re the fans at screaming level by the way? I mean if your outside of the truck, it will sound like a couple of full sized shop vacs are under your hood. Is the light bar new or you already had it before the phaser repair? Like everyone is saying, the truck needs to be looked over by your dealer again.

OP
OP
ChrisL

ChrisL

Reaction score
234 with no cargo and no trailer sounds, still way too hot. We’re the fans at screaming level by the way? I mean if your outside of the truck, it will sound like a couple of full sized shop vacs are under your hood. Is the light bar new or you already had it before the phaser repair? Like everyone is saying, the truck needs to be looked over by your dealer again.

The light bar was on before the repair and had no problems. The mechanic said the "temp flashing" isnt a problem as long as the number are white in color. Once they go yellow and then to red there is a problem and then the truck will start the cooling down process. Even the field engineer said there is no problem and the new program has increased the parameters. Apparently the truck has a little more power now with this new program. I really have no clue. This is just what, so far, everybody at the dealership has been telling me.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The light bar was on before the repair and had no problems. The mechanic said the "temp flashing" isnt a problem as long as the number are white in color. Once they go yellow and then to red there is a problem and then the truck will start the cooling down process. Even the field engineer said there is no problem and the new program has increased the parameters. Apparently the truck has a little more power now with this new program. I really have no clue. This is just what, so far, everybody at the dealership has been telling me.

Are they referring to the updated PCM calibration that was part of the TSB? That updated cal has nothing to do with a power increase or change in thermal management, it simply has revised camshaft phasing parameters. Many members on here have had the TSB completed and this is the first I’ve heard of this concern; it sounds like they are trying to dismiss your issue. Ask them to do a comparison with another truck that had the TSB done or with a truck that was build after 07/18, which already has the new software. My 2019 was built after the build date cutoff and has the new calibration, my temperature gauge never went above normal and never displayed the numbers even when towing a 7200lb trailer.