Sync screen restarted twice while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Twice today the screen went black for about 5-10 seconds. Then the Raptor logo starts up and it works again. I was using android auto.

Loose fuse, loose wire? Monkeypox? Anyone with similar issue? Truck has 1400 miles.

Last edited:

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Twice today the screen went black for about 5-10 seconds. Then the Raptor logo starts up and it works again. I was using android auto.

Loose fuse, loose wire? Monkeypox? Anyone with similar issue? Truck has 1400 miles.

You're probs F'd honestly(maybe anyway lol).. bring to dealer asap and have them check the API module for faults being thrown out. I had a whole topic going on it on the Bronco forum and it happened to my Raptor as well(which I posted here about).

I ended up selling my first edition ford bronco for a massive amount while the API was still busted.. they had to tear apart the entire truck.. it was crazy surgery. The part at the time had no ETA. My story started like yours.. random cuts in an out.. it got progressively worse and one day never turned back on.

Fyi - a forum member was able to check my codes who was a ford tech through the internet so I knew exactly what it needed before bringing to the dealer which was key because there would have been a lot of monkeypox business going on to figure it out had I not done that.. my Bronco was the first one in the service center ever for that dealer.. hope it works out.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're probs F'd honestly(maybe anyway lol).. bring to dealer asap and have them check the API module for faults being thrown out. I had a whole topic going on it on the Bronco forum and it happened to my Raptor as well(which I posted here about).

I ended up selling my first edition ford bronco for a massive amount while the API was still busted.. they had to tear apart the entire truck.. it was crazy surgery. The part at the time had no ETA. My story started like yours.. random cuts in an out.. it got progressively worse and one day never turned back on.

Fyi - a forum member was able to check my codes who was a ford tech through the internet so I knew exactly what it needed before bringing to the dealer which was key because there would have been a lot of monkeypox business going on to figure it out had I not done that.. my Bronco was the first one in the service center ever for that dealer.. hope it works out.
It’s the APIM module. It’s usually mounted directly behind the screen. If it is the the APIM it will either slowly go out or stop all at once. Usually first signs is accessory issues then your GPS make will show the truck around 100 miles off from where it’s actually at. Mine went out in my 19 f250. I tore apart the dash and replaced myself. Wasn’t too bad just time consuming.

Obviously i would rather let ford hands take care of my raptor.

Good luck I hope it’s not the apim. I bet those are on backorder. Scroll through your sync and have it check for updates.

Stern_94

Reaction score
My truck did this a few days ago. Just passed 300mi on odometer. This happened probably 4-5 times in a 30min drive. Had to do with Android Auto losing connection. Head unit would connect to AA, play music, etc for a bit then start stuttering before it would restart. Also stuttered and lost connection a couple times without head unit restarting. Restarted phone which didn't fix it. Once the truck was shut off and turned back on it was fine. Hasn't happened since but I imagine it'll do it again at some point.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s the APIM module. It’s usually mounted directly behind the screen. If it is the the APIM it will either slowly go out or stop all at once. Usually first signs is accessory issues then your GPS make will show the truck around 100 miles off from where it’s actually at. Mine went out in my 19 f250. I tore apart the dash and replaced myself. Wasn’t too bad just time consuming.

Obviously i would rather let ford hands take care of my raptor.

Good luck I hope it’s not the apim. I bet those are on backorder. Scroll through your sync and have it check for updates.

It's not behind the screen. It's on the passenger side behind about everything ford could think to put it behind. You literally need to tear apart the entire vehicle to get to it on the Bronco and gen3 Raptor.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My BIL had one go out in his F250. I think he said he found an aftermarket one to put in. Said it was easy, but he's a mechanic, and it's five or six years old.