GEN 2 SYNC Connect (WiFi Hotspot) on 2018s???

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]' started by JayZee, Aug 15, 2017.

1. vitaminR

vitaminR Full Access Member

It's a fact that the hotspot ability would be an additional bill from ATT and most people just tether their phones so it's not a big deal for Ford to leave it out of our trucks BUT a dedicated standalone WiFi hotspot built into the truck is the missing piece that "could" enable wireless CarPlay. As I understand it wireless CarPlay cannot use bluetooth, there's too much data going back and forth so Apple uses wifi to make that happen and the host has to be the vehicle - not the phone.

That's the holy grail in my opinion.

2. eclou

eclou Full Access Member

Bringing this back from last year. I had 2 salesmen say the Sync 3 in the 18 Raptor I bought has Wifi.

3. rmarquette

rmarquette Member

I’ve invested a lot of hours with AT&T and Ford tech. They both informed my that my 2018 doesn’t have wifi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. PvtJoker

PvtJoker Member

I know good majority of people already know this but here is a screenshot from Ford’s site.
    6D5C397F-12EF-4109-BE49-172D41896F32.jpeg

5. shrinky

shrinky Member

Ford should tell their salespeople. I was told specially it was supported but they also told me last week they had no infos yet on the 2019 raptors....anyways this is a bummer.