Wifi, Alexa and Ford app not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aiannarelli

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Got my truck a few weeks ago. My first Ford vehicle. About a week ago Alexa quit working, the app is not updating I for such as fuel and it fails to lock my vehicle. In addition, I noticed when I was trying to figure this out that the wifi cannot find any available wifi signals including my home wifi, my phone hotspot, and my work wifi. I tried to manually type in a network name and it failed to connect.

What are your thoughts?

Anthony

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
sounds like your modem may be ****ed. You should see available wifi around. If you don’t, a stealership visit is in your future.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
interesting - cause mine has been working for the past few weeks of ownership but stopped working yesterday, and didn't work today... i saw some other posts on here with the same issue. I had intermittent issue with my 19 ranger over two years.

Kevinhooch

Reaction score
The TCU locked up.. Happens to people from time to time. If you have forscan you can start with resetting the TCU and gateway

If you dont have forscan unplug the TCU for an hour or so and you will be good.

The TCU is on the back wall behind the passenger rear seat above the jack. Only need to unplug the main plug to reset.

I found this on another F-150 forum, tried it last night and my Raptor is back online (Wireless, Wifi, Alexa etc.) and Ford Pass updated immediately!

Attachments

• 31A5CC0D-F3DD-4BB3-B683-59F416DE59BC.png
    31A5CC0D-F3DD-4BB3-B683-59F416DE59BC.png
    797.3 KB · Views: 20

Tony in Texas

Reaction score
I had this happen and disconnected my negative battery lead for 45 minutes and it fixed the issue. Seen that solution on another thread on here.

I had no idea what was going on with my truck. Wifi wouldn't work. Alexa used to work but then would give a network error.

I disconnected the negative terminal for 1 hour. That fixed it! Thanks!