CarPlay keeps turning off/on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocMarshall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned in the title, for the past couple of months my CarPlay will intermittently lose connection and then immediately reconnect. I'll be listening to the radio and then it will suddenly go to Spotify. So flipping frustrating. I went into my BT settings and forgot Sync and Raptor, and made sure nothing was connected in CarPlay and then repaired everything yesterday, and it's happened once today already. Anyone else have this issue? Iphone 12 pro, iOS 16.0. I am now installing 16.1 to see if that helps.

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not in the Raptor, but I had a rental Focus recently and it was doing the same damn thing. It was driving me nuts and didn't figure out a solution in the 7 days I had the car.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was it also plugged in via the USB? I’ve had that issue when it was plugged in, but not over wireless CarPlay

LeadFootSFL

Reaction score
This is an ios bug of some sort, I am experincing in my Gen2 also. iPhone 14, running 16.1, I read thats there is a wifi bug in 16.1 but it happens to me when wired also, just less often.

Last edited:

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that my 2021 will drop CarPlay in the same spots when driving. I’m hoping that future updates will fix it. I’ve thought about purchasing a mongoose cablue and FDRS 2 day license to force updates.

SSI2022

Reaction score
Day 4 of owning my 22 Raptor and I'm getting the same issue. Sometimes I get the error that CarPlay is not connected when I crank it up even though the phone is connected via Bluetooth. I can disconnect my iPhone and reconnect it and boom- there it is - CarPlay is back.

SSI2022

Reaction score
Just to try something that may be a fix....I am going to forget my other vehicles listed under "CarPlay" in Settings - General - CarPlay
No idea if this might work....but worth a shot.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you running a VPN by chance? VPN's often interfere with the wireless connection required.