GEN 2 Sync 3.0 vs 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know I saw somewhere but now can't find it...anyone have the list of the coding for Forscan for the different themes like Lincoln, Ford GT, etc?

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you had 3.3, you could have used 1 USD and skipped right to the 3.4 install. I have a 19 and that's all I did. no reset and everything was fine.
I downloaded the file, put it on a USB that is formatted and unzipped as instructed. When I plug it into my car, it recognizes the USB but doesn’t start the install process. Waited 10min twice but nothing. Just standard 3.3 home screen... is there supposed to be some kind of install screen if you only go by the 1 USB install?

Last edited:

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I downloaded the file, put it on a USB that is formatted and unzipped as instructed. When I plug it into my car, it recognizes the USB but doesn’t start the install process. Waited 10min twice but nothing. Just standard 3.3 home screen... is there supposed to be some kind of install screen if you only go by the 1 USB install?

Yes, it will show you the install progress, if you are just seeing normal screen its not working, no way to habe it be installing and not know.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

My bet here would be the USB card. I had to buy a new one myself to make it happen. Previous upgrades by USB weren’t anywhere near as large, plus I had maps to update.

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured it out after reaching out to the cyan labs guys - obviously the issue was very, well, obvious.
The cyan labs tutorial doesn’t have a “only install” option like the tutorial and files on the f150 forum. I performed the install with reformat tool and two usbs as per cyanlabs instructions and it went super smooth in under 28min.
No issues thus far.

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did the install yesterday and now my language is English (UK) with no option for US, but the mapping/gps and everything else seems to be working properly

Pat86B - what language options do you see?

here’s mine:

E848F662-1572-4F7A-94B2-B6CDFED72702.jpeg

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did the install yesterday and now my language is English (UK) with no option for US, but the mapping/gps and everything else seems to be working properly

Pat86B - what language options do you see?

here’s mine:

View attachment 143433
Ha! I actually didn’t check yet! From a voice prompts perspective I didn’t notice a difference... I’ll let you know tomorrow when I go for a drive.

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few interface wording I’ve noticed are different also, although they are minor

Last edited:

RaptorFun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I updated Sync on my 2019 Raptor today from version 3.3 to 3.4 by following the cyan labs tutorial just like Pat86B. My language is set to English (US). Is it possible you downloaded the wrong update?

mmayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve read I don’t think the mapping would work in the US if I did and it works