GEN 2 Sync 3.0 vs 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
so I haven’t tried mixing FM vs satellite but I think the ’17 has 18 / 3 FM, and 18 / 3 satellite. IOW, in radio mode, I have 3 sets of 6 presets, switch to satellite and I have the same. It didn’t change going from 3.0 to 3.4

I’ll try mucking about with different preset modes and see what’s what but I expect to be disappointed.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
There is a setting that you can add lines or rows of additional presets past the normal 2. If you need / want pic, let me know and I’ll go take some.

I just checked the forscan docs, don’t see what you’re talking about. I know there’s about 15 entries, but no explanation, and the link to Dan something or other’s findings is disabled now. I did go mess with the truck, and there’s no way to intermingle FM and Sirius presets.

OP
OP
N

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info smurf I was on the verge of going for it but if it doesn’t add that ability I’m out for now.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just checked the forscan docs, don’t see what you’re talking about. I know there’s about 15 entries, but no explanation, and the link to Dan something or other’s findings is disabled now. I did go mess with the truck, and there’s no way to intermingle FM and Sirius presets.
It’s not a forscan thing. It’s a stock setting. What version are you running?

I’ll go take a pic after this movie I’m watching

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Here yea go

Adding up to six lines of presets is actually under XM radio for some stupid reason. I only have 4 enabled

IMG_1026.jpegIMG_1027.jpegIMG_1028.jpegIMG_1029.jpeg

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I’m locked in at 3, I checked sirius settings and there’s no preset pages.
interesting.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I’m on sync 3.4, latest build. She’s a late ’16 build 2017. AFAIK, the preset values are set on ACM only, I didn’t see anything on any of the other spreadsheet tabs addressing or related to the sirius presets and I don’t think I did anything on the ACM. Maybe hardware?

I’d be down with mixing the presets, I don’t have enough FM to fill up the 18 presets and I could go for more sirius selections.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m on sync 3.4, latest build. She’s a late ’16 build 2017. AFAIK, the preset values are set on ACM only, I didn’t see anything on any of the other spreadsheet tabs addressing or related to the sirius presets and I don’t think I did anything on the ACM. Maybe hardware?

I’d be down with mixing the presets, I don’t have enough FM to fill up the 18 presets and I could go for more sirius selections.
Maybe hardware. I don’t know enough about it to say.

hopefully they didn’t add it for 3.3 and remove it in 3.4.