GEN 2 Sync 3.0 vs 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed one thing that’s really nice in 3.4 you can add double the presets and also you can go between Sirius and FM in the presets without having to change the source. Awesome new feature. Would love that in 3.0.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
You can set the number of presets somewhere in 3.3 as well. Think it's under Settings/Audio but forget. Then you can swipe between preset lists IIRC.

OP
OP
N

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe one day they will let us upgrade to 3.3 I would be super happy with just that option and the same color screen setup. I am not to crazy about the look of 3.4.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe one day they will let us upgrade to 3.3 I would be super happy with just that option and the same color screen setup. I am not to crazy about the look of 3.4.

You can update from 3.0 to 3.3.. you would just need to change a package or two out on USB2

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I downloaded mine to usb, plugged it in, truck says its updated but still shows 3.0 and no change. judging by comments on this thread and another is it even worth trying to get the update?

IT8NTEZ

Reaction score
I am on v3.3 and wish I could go to v3.4 without reformatting the system. Too nervous about bricking the box.

IT8NTEZ

Reaction score
You don't need to reformat if you're on 3.3.. That's only need for 3.0

Oh thanks. I am getting my nerve up again. Will catch up on that long thread to get the Cliff's notes on the v3.3 -> v3.4 procedure.