GEN 2 Sync 3.0 vs 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
N

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to make sure version 3.3 does have the ability to go to different sources in the presets and has the ability to swipe and have a lot more available on page two.

IT8NTEZ

Reaction score
Yes USB 3 only.
Please note .... that your interface screen colors will change to bright blue instead of the grey tones currently in ver 3.3 for the Raptor.
I think the greys look better than the blues in a Raptor
Understood ... Appreciate the clarification.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to make sure version 3.3 does have the ability to go to different sources in the presets and has the ability to swipe and have a lot more available on page two.

Yes it does, but I've read conflicting info if just upgrading to 3.3 will allow you to take advantage of that. I know there are some Forscan changes you can do to enable it, but I don't know if anyone has been successful getting it working coming from 3.0

Uboofer

Reaction score
Noticed one thing that’s really nice in 3.4 you can add double the presets and also you can go between Sirius and FM in the presets without having to change the source. Awesome new feature. Would love that in 3.0.

My Raptor does this and I have not updated it. I’ll have to check what version it has.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Noticed one thing that’s really nice in 3.4 you can add double the presets and also you can go between Sirius and FM in the presets without having to change the source. Awesome new feature. Would love that in 3.0.

I’m not seeing this... to be clear, how many presets do you have?

So, as a little more of a long term review, I have a late ’16 built, 2017 Raptor that came with Sync 2.2 and I’ve usb upgraded to all levels, including the latest 3.4. I love the auto DST, and just hope it works. New maps have been great.

I will say that on my truck, sync is definitely just a little bit slower to react on pretty much every screen, and swapping between screens. It’s not “prohibitive” slow, but noticeably slower. I suspect the internal storage is now over 75% full.

I still like 3.4 and will not go back and knowing what I know now, I still would do the 3.4 upgrade.

OP
OP
N

Nerdles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I posted I was comparing my wife’s new 2020 with 3.4 to my 2017 with 3.0. The multiple presets were on hers. I was asking about upgrading to either 3.3 or 3.4 from 3.0. By what you are saying you did the upgrade and still do not have a lot of presets or the ability to choose different sources like fm or Xm from the presets?