SVT I think just saved the day....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Quicksand

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So half day tops. Thanks. If my truck arrives as scheduled Thursday 2/16....then it should be PDI'd and 2 items installed by the time I arrive Friday 2/17 to pick it up via noon. I wish I had a hidden camera for the event, I will have a physical witness so that's good enough. She's a doll so I hope Peace prevails. Otherwise, she is a sponge and can scribe back the entire event to counsel just by witnessing. This is what you do when someone f's U and/or try's to F u. Sucks but friends is friends and biz is biz--and I want my damn truck without issue. All I keep telling myself is "New Raptor, New Raptor, NEw raptor, NEW RAPTOR" vs thinking to much about defense against the dealer. In fact, I still hope its a very pleasant experience. We shall see....

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget to factor in the "lollygag effect." It's when they sit around on their asses doing nothing.

OP
OP
Quicksand

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI--Just spoke to SVT. Still on rail (wow, but its cool) in Kansas. ETA dealr delivery still scheduled for 2/16. "All on track" no Pun.

speck1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with Ford rep. He said my truck is due to be delivered on 2/17. Sounds like our luck is changing Quicksand. I will believe it when I see it.

OP
OP
Quicksand

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spek your truck got a big bump as mine left rail last Wednesday and yours just left or soon will yet is expected to arrive one day after mine. Congrats on the good news. Yes, I agree, I will believe it when I see it. Even then, I still have BS anxiety over seeng my dealer based on their performance or lack thereof.

Humve, I'm planning for a one day lolly gag and expecting to drive off 2/17. However, I have fail safe plans in place should I walk in 2/17 and its delayed a day or even longer. HOW-F'N-EVER, my first Raptor payment (I set 45 days out from the original delivery date of 1/15) begins + my BDay BOTH the very next week at the end of Feb. I tell you gents, my truck I hope arrives for the sake of someone before the BDay/First Pmt!

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you have your dealer install your items with the lack of communication and effort on your part. I would try to get the local Raptor owners in that area to recommend someone and contact them with your needs. Just curious with how upset you appear with the dealer efforts. Maybe I missed something in your posts.

OP
OP
Quicksand

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you have your dealer install your items with the lack of communication and effort on your part. I would try to get the local Raptor owners in that area to recommend someone and contact them with your needs. Just curious with how upset you appear with the dealer efforts. Maybe I missed something in your posts.

It's an understandably confusing situation. I've done more leg work than any customer should have to btw. That doesn't discount my salesmans efforts up until he quit, it just means I had a lot extra thrown at me and Im sure they feel the same.

Both my salesman and I have also experienced family illness/loss the last 3 months so I know he is under a lot as am I. However, I have not nor will I plan to poo poo my deaership or salesman so long as it all goes well. Hints, why I have not released the name...emotions at current times can run high when later you wish you hadnt done it. So far, I am ok with everything Ive said and done up to this point.

Update: Funny this should come up bc earlier today I got an email from a female salesman filling in (taking over I assume). It was kind, short and cordial. Just how it should be. Just stated no updates on my truck and would update when she hears news. Good enough. I shred same on rail status today to help. So hopefully everyone is back to normal. :waytogo:

OP
OP
Quicksand

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is in NM as of this morning still on rail but almost done with rail after a week on rail. Probably arrive at the ship yard this Friday, get trucked out Monday....and arrive @ dealer by next Thursday 2/16 per schedule. Tomorrow is the official one week countdown. Will keep posted.