SVC Adjustable Bump System - Live Blog Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Live blog of solo driveway install...

8:30
Staged and ready

a4azaser.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

9:00
Jacked up. Wheels and shocks off

Driver's side first. Bump kit before springs in case I get in over my head.

10:00
This bolts was kicking my ass
yquvyhyj.jpg

Turns out the exhaust hanger bolt was blocking the nut.
apahutaq.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

11:30
Bump kit complete. 3 hours even.

qevygeba.jpg
Driver side

3aqa2ehy.jpg
Passenger

repybynu.jpg
Cross beam support bolted. Tight fit. Nice fabrication tolerance SVC!!!

Now I have to decide if I want to tackle springs alone. Decisions...

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Screw it. Let's try...

Passenger unbolted. Ready to drop.
ana3e3yn.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

12:20
Damn You Ford. Drop gas tank or cut drivers side bolt.
ra8e9ysa.jpg

Hmmm, decisions.
9y8epugu.jpg
y5emumyz.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fastcote

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVC Adjustable Bump System

1:00
Well, THAT took a while. Final score: sawsall 1, bolt 0

bezy7eru.jpg

Does anyone smell smoke???? :0

Nothing to do but drop the springs. I really don't want a face full of spring metal. Here goes.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

1:20
Passenger side off.
une3epej.jpg

There is some axle wrap. Hope I can straighten that back out.

qa6asy2u.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Deaver +3

zemu8ate.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

1:50

Stripped bare

ruzequ8u.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fastcote

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVC Adjustable Bump System

3:00

Sent up a distress flare to my neighbor/ work buddy.

These Deavers are just too fcking heavy to mount alone. Plus the drive shaft falls out when you muscle the axle tubes around too much. ASK ME HOW I KNOW!!!

4:00

Help arrived and springs mounted loosely.

yju8uqag.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

4:30

Bumps mounted

4u8azebe.jpg

Just need to torque everything down.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

5:00

Finished

je3e8eru.jpg

gupu3u5y.jpg

5e8uhure.jpg

amasy7ad.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fastcote

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test drive after installation. HUGE difference!!! Stays planted in the loose stuff, smooth over whoops, and will lays rubber on dry pavement until you let off the gas peddle. No wheel hop whatsoever. It was worth the 8 1/2 hour install ten times over. Quality if the kit is superb. I would give the install a 5-6 out of 10. It really wasn't difficult just time consuming. If you have a buddy to hand you wrenches and occasionally do heavy lifting anybody can knock this out.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words...We are excited that customers that turn into friends..awesome install thread and super awesome for fellow Raptor owners that can see first hand the install and performance. anything you need in the future please let us know....Send pictures :Rock on:

Cheers,
marc

Test drive after installation. HUGE difference!!! Stays planted in the loose stuff, smooth over whoops, and will lays rubber on dry pavement until you let off the gas peddle. No wheel hop whatsoever. It was worth the 8 1/2 hour install ten times over. Quality if the kit is superb. I would give the install a 5-6 out of 10. It really wasn't difficult just time consuming. If you have a buddy to hand you wrenches and occasionally do heavy lifting anybody can knock this out.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Damn You Ford. Drop gas tank or cut drivers side bolt.
ra8e9ysa.jpg

Hmmm, decisions.
9y8epugu.jpg
Very nice write up!

?, does the SVC kit come with the hardware if you decide to cut this bolt? Or you stuck searching for something that will work once you've decided to cut it?

OP
OP
Fastcote

Fastcote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice write up!

?, does the SVC kit come with the hardware if you decide to cut this bolt? Or you stuck searching for something that will work once you've decided to cut it?

Everything comes with the kit. I think the extra bolt is actually a Deaver standard item. There were actually two in the Deaver bolt kit box. Both SVC and Deaver have you covered. I called both companies several times along the way just for some hand holding and they were infinitely patient and helpful. Jeff (at Deaver) turned me onto SVC in the first place and even though I didn't buy directly from him, he called me twice just to make sure i was doing OK. Jeff (at SVC) even called me hot off the track at TRR when i was stressing out about the spring fitment.