Suspension is a bit unsettled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes reading threads about this, makes me wonder how I would know that anything is wrong if I never knew what was the proper in the first place.

Guess now I need to find some nevel ground and check it out at rest. Now just to find level ground in the mountains
ive found it to be way more difficult than expected. almost everything has a grade to it

Reaction score
you likely need to do a ride height recalibration on completely level ground. if you dont have forscan, you can putting the truck into engineering and test mode first (its a part of the ride height recal process and when my suspension starts acting up (i think i have a solenoid thats going bad) i can do this quickly and it resolves the harsh ride).

to put it in E&T mode, find level ground, put the truck in neutral while it is on then hit the M (manual shifting) button so the truck enters the mode so that it can be towed. shut the truck off while it is in neutral. Next, with your foot off the brake so the engine doesnt start, hit the start button then floor the gas pedal (ie push all the way in then release fully) 3 times in a row. once you've done this you will see an "ET" symbol pop up in the bottom right corner of the dash. give it a few seconds then shut the truck off. start and drive away as usual--hopefully this will help.

If the ride is still stiff or acts strange over bumps, do the same thing as above, but while you're in ET mode, plug forscan in and run the ride height recalibration (there are threads with screenshots on exactly how to do this with forscan on this site). hope this helps!
When I put the truck in neutral and hit the M button, when I turn off the truck it automatically goes into park with the shifter. It doesn’t stay in neutral so I can enter ET mode. How can I fix this? Yes, I did find level ground.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I put the truck in neutral and hit the M button, when I turn off the truck it automatically goes into park with the shifter. It doesn’t stay in neutral so I can enter ET mode. How can I fix this? Yes, I did find level ground.
Hit M first, then shift to neutral, then turn it off

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally lowered my tire pressures from 38 especially since it’s getting warm out and they easily get into the 40s hot. The truck did have a semi unsettled bounce on some expansion joint type things. I don’t think these shocks are valved for a 38psi tire, after lowering to 34 or so the bounce of the tire seems to compensate better with the shock rebound or whatever.

It’s all pretty subtle at the end of the day though.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does a little prompt pop on the dash when you select m after placing it in neutral? it should and click ok then turn the truck off