Sunroof....take it or leave it???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BushwiickBill

Reaction score
Never opened it once on my 14 but it was purchased from a dealer lot. I had to custom order my 19 so I could delete the sunroof because every dealer in the my multi-state area orders Raptors with the pano. My opinion, they don't belong on a 4x4 but we all have different likes/uses so I can appreciate either choice...It's a Raptor either way so we're all winning!

2017svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waste of money IMO . I ended up with one in my 2019 but like others have said ? Needs to be ordered as dealers all put them in.
Bought the 2019 off the lot due to good money off MSRP.
I ordered my 2017 without .

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3564D441-94A3-45AE-BAA3-AF5345589384.jpeg My sunroof leaked dirt and mud! This shouldn’t even be an option on an off-road truck!!! Special ordered my gen1 without it and got my gen2 off the lot and it already had it. My next one won’t for sure

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna buy a new Raptor, and everyone I'm finding with the stuff I want on it has the sunroof. I don't think I'll use it (don't use the one in my car), and I think it adds the potential for leaks. If you have one please let me know if you would pay for one with it again - and why :)
Leave it. I ordered mine without because they can leak. Family member had an F250 that was in and out of the dealership and the dealer couldn’t fix it. He finally go sick of it and traded in for another F250 without one and lost $10k doing so. It’s just something else that can break. They are cool though.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd skip it if just because of all the risks in failing. I've a 10 Scab with one and just bought it a few months ago. It helps to use them regularly.

Squrtcap

Reaction score
Skip it if you will not use it. Add off road lights with money saved. I grew out of sunroofs decades ago, and rarely even use my convertible ‘56 or ‘02 Thunderbirds, which I am ready to sell.

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the pano roof. I have it on a couple of cars, no issues....I don't open it much but the view is awesome. When Toyota TRD Pro came out, you couldn't get a sunroof, too many people complained, now they come with them... Also, from a body shop perspective, I see way more other issues that people complain about..

Reaction score
Gonna buy a new Raptor, and everyone I'm finding with the stuff I want on it has the sunroof. I don't think I'll use it (don't use the one in my car), and I think it adds the potential for leaks. If you have one please let me know if you would pay for one with it again - and why :)
That was one of the things I wanted, I bought mine with the double sunroof love it, and so do the kids.