Sunroof....take it or leave it???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptoRyn

Reaction score
I have a 19 with the pano roof. I do enjoy it. I have not had any issues with it thus far. Have about 14k miles. My kids enjoy it very much and I do occasionally open it for the extra airflow. I could really go either way on it. It is tough to find Raptors in my area, and mine just happened to have one.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m very happy without a sunroof. I never use them and to me they always end up rattling or leaking but my buddy has an f-150 With the panoramic roof and it is pretty darn cool with it open!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered my 2010 SCAB with every option but the moonroof because I did not think it was worth it. I bought my 2018 802A off the lot, and of course, it had the moonroof.

After a year and a half, I will say I find myself using it more and more. I like the extra light with the cover open and the airflow with the roof popped up in the back. So far, I have had zero issues with mine and I would not rule out another dealer-lot truck with a moonroof in the future. To be fair, if I were to order a new Raptor, I would not pay for it.

That’s the other thing- if you asked me whether I’d check that $1500 box off @ the dealer vs. $500 for a locking front diff? No thanks.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had sun/moon/pano roofs in most of my vehicles. For the most part, I've loved the idea of them more than I've actually used them. Mostly because they weren't really big enough or you couldn't open it at decent speeds without annoying wind noise. The Raptors roof is easily the best I've had and with wind noise. I have the shade off 50% of the time, and open it when the weather is good.

Never had any issues. The one complaint I'd have is that I wish you could set it so the full roof opens/closes on one touch. I have never wanted it half open. Would also be nice if it automatically closed when you shut off the ignition. Perhaps this can be done with FORSCAN?

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
I have 2014 loaded. If I were to order a new one it’s a no go , hard top for all the reasons listed.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call BS if you’d like, but I work in dealerships daily and speak to mechanics of all brands on a regular basis. There are lots of results on Google for “Ford F-150 sunroof shattered”

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...hVMRqwKHTO9D9YQBQgtKAA&biw=1112&bih=731&dpr=2

Ford used to use laminated glass in their BAMRs (big ass moon roof). They have switched to tempered glass, which is thinner and lighter, but always has a random chance of shattering out of the blue, just like all tempered glass. We have a 2019 Edge with the tempered glass BAMR. Thinking about putting some type of tint/film on it just to contain the shards in case it does break.