Sunroof....take it or leave it???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I promise" "guaranteed" "Always"...There are a lot of idiots on forums and a lot of idiotic opinions. I think you should decide subjectively if you like the looks/functionality of the moon roof and base your decision on that outcome and that outcome only. Personally I have one and would not own one without it. Every car/truck I've owned for the last 20 years has included the sunroof option and I've never had any regrets. It's possible to have issues but I never have...in any of my vehicles. Ignore the haters, the idiots and the people who aren't capable of giving you an objective opinion and instead use your own likes/dislikes to make your decision.

BADJUJU

Reaction score
My buddy’s 2014 F150 has the moonroof. A couple years back we were on an empty highway at 80 mph and it shattered out of nowhere. The guys at the dealership told me it was a common occurrence. Hard pass for me.
:bs::bs::bs: Thanks for sharing... but I'm sure that's not the norm.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two of my firefighter friends have always lectured me about the carnage they see in accidents involving vehicles with the full sun roofs.
I bought this Raptor off the lot with the sun roof, but given the availability, I would have even paid more for a truck without it.

Remoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive had 4 vehicles with a moonroof and i guess im lucky cause ive never had a problem. Knock on wood

moodster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not get it if I ordered another,it rattles or clunks at times and just don’t think it’s worth it.
Mine makes noises all the time,gets worse with temp changes.

JPete

Reaction score
No I love mine. Chose it after having one before. Why is everyone so paranoid about problems? It’s been great and changes entire feel of the truck ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schmagagled

Reaction score
I ordered an '18 and did not want/get the sunroof or the graphics. Last week I got tired of waiting for my truck to come out of the shop for the cam phaser issue (awaiting parts...) and traded it for a 2020 that unfortunately has the sunroof and graphics. Dealers all order that stuff because it drives up the MSRP.

But the upside is I now have auto emer braking/stop-and-go adaptive cruise, and the truck now has it's own wifi hotspot. Couldn't get those features on an '18. And I plan on leaving that sunshade closed forever and will try to make believe there's no sunroof up there at all ;-}

S.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered my 2010 SCAB with every option but the moonroof because I did not think it was worth it. I bought my 2018 802A off the lot, and of course, it had the moonroof.

After a year and a half, I will say I find myself using it more and more. I like the extra light with the cover open and the airflow with the roof popped up in the back. So far, I have had zero issues with mine and I would not rule out another dealer-lot truck with a moonroof in the future. To be fair, if I were to order a new Raptor, I would not pay for it.